2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Tough decision this morning, but decided Cowen was the spot. Could nt ask for better weather. Released 10 unmarked hoes, and kept 2 clipped. meat was preferred over metal. 55 & 65 on the rigger. Should have had more action but I was slow on the wellness checks, lots of seaweed around. Nice to find a few keepers in the traps after finding nothing but smalls last soak. I thought the rains might have slowed the chinook action at sandheads today?

So true. The few guides boats were doing the typical circles at the mouth. Nothing happening. The only net I saw was for a tiny coho, not sure wrf that happened. It will probably be bonkers there today...go get em!
I think I was out there with you. Fished the cap 12-5 yesterday with one rod running spoons and the other side anchovies. The anchovies saw all the action fishing around 47’ on the rigger and tighter to the shore with one breaking off, one straightening a stinger, one stripping the bait, and a 10-12lb sandy coloured red chinook to the boat that was released as it was a bit dark for my taste. Saw another angler get sealed and the guides picked up a small ho. Good luck today!

Got out at 9am hit the cap for a good hour, landed a decent hatch coho and saw 2 guys get sealed, otherwise slow. Checked the Gov real time wind report, it slowed to NW12 so decided to brave the run to T10. Pretty sloppy still, had a double header run into each other… tangled up, lost em both. Then released a beauty 10lb wild coho. Slogged it out for another hour, earned a nice 19lb marble, then the wind picked up again so we headed in. Final dance back at the cap, not a sniff. I’ll take it, for a day like today.IMG_6742.jpeg

I'm branching out from youtube... trialing this podcasting thing since its raining and I like to listen to them myself. Since I've been out fishing Sand Heads a few times this month and it's fresh... I thought I'd start with it. This is my no script wing it attempt. Probably should plan a script at least. Hard to ramble on the fly and not miss stuff.

Guys/Gals just getting into Sand Heads or ocean fishing might find it helpful. Most of this stuff I learned from the friendly posters here sharing their know how and excellent reports. This is my 7th year fishing Sand Heads. First time out doesn't seem like long ago in 2018 when I went after work with the wife and kids... and we caught 7 sockeye, a Chinook and a Hatchery coho. Crazy first evening.

If sharing this is a no no... just take it off. I don't mind.

Thanks again to all the gents for your help over the years!
You lost me at “ mega waves”. Lol

Back