2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

View attachment 111194
Reward if anyone pulls a fish up with an amundson rod and reel attached at SH….
Don't lose all hope! Years back we were fishing in Kyuquot and when pulling up our downrigger we found a fishing line around the cable that wasn't ours. We look out from the boat and here swimming parallel to us is a beautiful Chinook. We gent hand line him to the boat and successfully land him.
So then we're gathering up the rest of the line and realize something's attached to it sure enough a beautiful Fenwick rod and reel!
Later in sharing our story with locals at the restaurant a young couple almost fall off their chairs and show us actual video captured on board of their boat out of the rod going overboard!
It was their friends favorite rod and reel and the next day he showed up with a bunch of custom-made Island lures as a thank you finding it.

Sand Heads from the flood til 3:30. Five to the boat including a 26 lb chinook for my first mate, on the guide route at the green can. Flashy shiny spoon/flasher got all five. Fall temperatures but nice water conditions.

View attachment 111207

This Axopar has the Sand Heads option:

View attachment 111208
thought that was the Cap option seen him last tuesday ... had a laugh as they come running out the side doors to get to the back of the boat

Took some of the folks out from work. Was the only excuse I had left in the bag. From low slack to 430. First three fish to the boat were chum and probably a few of the hits that didn’t stick. Chinook showed up two hours into the tide. Started to pick them up at 97 then as the clouds rolled in followed them up to 47/37 on the hero. Lost another good one at the boat And had one pop off after the first run. Biggest 23 all marbles

The whales were really thrashing on the inside there! Thought it was game over after that, but the bite picked up an hour later

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpeg
    IMG_0829.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 90
It was the best of times and the worst of times...

Nice sunrise on the way to Sandheads. Fished over there 07:30-13:30. One hatchery coho. Several missed bites stealing the bait (coho? chum?)

The orcas were really working right around the green can 12:00-12:30 and then I drifted away.

Saw a young family of 3 with a young kiddo on a ~18ft Lund land a salmon around 10:45hr. If that was you send me a PM.. I got a couple of pics

The Axopar with the fenders was a nice touch. I also got a VERY close inspection of a 30ft Cutwater. Thanks bud.

Ended the day by losing an MR3 overboard after a soft bite. It was like a salmon spitting the hook...somehow the rod just slipped outta my hands, bounced off the gunnel and took a dive. In hindsight I should've yanked the kill switch on my motor and jumped in after the rod but I didn't manage that in the moment. Was hoping that the release clip would bring it back up but no dice. Was in 250FSW so I think it's gone for good

Saw humpbacks breaching while running back towards Howe Sound.

Back