2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

fishin_magician

It's here. 2024.
New Year's 2024 Resolution: Fish more. Use new tackle. Use old tackle. Rediscover the fishing fever.
Post your 2024 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports, Fishing Resolutions and more here!

Why hasn't anyone posted a fish yet! I can't believe I'm not out there. 😭

I got out yesterday. It was the first calm day in the last while. I dropped traps. Cracked open my new islander I got for Christmas/birthday. First stop Tunstall, no bait, couldn't find bait at waterfall or Grace. When I was at waterfall, guys were leaving for Grace. When I got to Grace I saw a group leave for waterfall. I didn't even get a nibble. I decided to grab the trap early and if I had enough time, try the harbor. Traps were loaded, I was solo and had to put back 20-40 prawns. Then hit up the harbor at 320pm. Fished until 350pm. One rod while I used the other side to sort at clean prawn gear. 2 hit that were unders and one miss in 30 minutes, bait everywhere. So if I was going out today I'd go straight to the freighters. Good day was had.

Fished the harbour yesterday from 11:30 - 2, to hide out from the winds. Started at the W mile marker and got a feisty just undersized fish. Crept into the freighters. Found lots of bait and no fish.

Looped back out to the mile markers and found the fish again between the W mile marker and the bell buoy. No keepers but kept the kids (who are still out of school) entertained.

Ran a chartreuse glow flasher / chartreuse hootchie on one side and the black Pacific Angler flasher / white glow spoon on the other. Spoon got all the fish except the flounder, which was surprising. Depths were anywhere from 145' to 175' on the dropping tide.

Braved the elements today with my fishing buddy. Fished from 1st mile marker to the Bell from 10am to 2pm. First fish on just as my Avocado Dream hit the bottom. Caught a total of 19 fish with one keeper all a few feet from the bottom. Avocado Dream pulled in over half of the fish. We were typically in 120 to 150 ft of water. Great day winter fishing. Lots and lots of bait especially from the 2nd market to the Bell.

Braved the elements today with my fishing buddy. Fished from 1st mile marker to the Bell from 10am to 2pm. First fish on just as my Avocado Dream hit the bottom. Caught a total of 19 fish with one keeper all a few feet from the bottom. Avocado Dream pulled in over half of the fish. We were typically in 120 to 150 ft of water. Great day winter fishing. Lots and lots of bait especially from the 2nd market to the Bell.
Give that spot a couple months and it'll be lights out. I know they're there, but not worth weeding through all the smalls. I think that's why FM used to call it the nursery (or something like that).

Back