2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Out at South Bowen since 8:15. Started at Seymour Bay. Released a non-targeted species straight away. Was slow so trolled over to RC where the bite really picked up. Lots of coho, although mostly wild. Hitting 20 - 45 feet mostly but had one at 67. Boxed 3 hatcheries so far but released many more wild. Bite has slowed again.
Bite came on again and this time the mix favoured the hatcheries. Boxed 3 more and hit a couple nice springs 75 and 76 cm, DNA sampled and released. A great day of fishing with a humpback show to round things out!

Last edited:
The Park Mobile app lets you select Bard and the Beach parking. $15 until 6am the next day. Did it last weekend and didn’t get a ticket
It’s ridiculous. New Mayor gets private gym studio in city hall while claiming he wants to make Vancouver world class. We went up to Sunshine Coast for 3 days like we have done for many many years and could not get a 3 day parking pass for car and trailer at the Vanier boat Ramp parking stalls. We bought 3 consecutive 1 day car and trailer and lined them up on the dash board costing $90 but on our return today found 2 tickets for another $69 per ticket from easy park. I’ve lived in Vancouver all my life and taxes are higher by over 8% a year and services to our residents are just going down. You can’t even call anybody to get this straightened out. Takes all the fun out of it but maybe that’s what they want. By the way the ramp still sucks and is a far cry away from anything remotely resembling World Class. If anybody out there has any idea how to straighten this out for me and others I’m all ears.
Thanks

It’s ridiculous. New Mayor gets private gym studio in city hall while claiming he wants to make Vancouver world
I agree the ramps could be better, but they're run by the Parks Board, which the Mayor's trying to get rid of. Personally, I can't figure out why we have a separate parks board unlike every other city in the province.

It’s ridiculous. New Mayor gets private gym studio in city hall while claiming he wants to make Vancouver world class. We went up to Sunshine Coast for 3 days like we have done for many many years and could not get a 3 day parking pass for car and trailer at the Vanier boat Ramp parking stalls. We bought 3 consecutive 1 day car and trailer and lined them up on the dash board costing $90 but on our return today found 2 tickets for another $69 per ticket from easy park. I’ve lived in Vancouver all my life and taxes are higher by over 8% a year and services to our residents are just going down. You can’t even call anybody to get this straightened out. Takes all the fun out of it but maybe that’s what they want. By the way the ramp still sucks and is a far cry away from anything remotely resembling World Class. If anybody out there has any idea how to straighten this out for me and others I’m all ears.
Thanks
Go McDonald beach next time. Can park there for multiple days .
Sorry I’m no help on the dispute side of things as I know they make it hard now so you get frustrated and just pay the bs ticket .
Good luck

Go to there website

Looks like you have to email them with your issue and photos of the receipts etc

info@easypark.ca

Or there’s a link on that website to set a time for a phone call

Go McDonald beach next time. Can park there for multiple days .
Sorry I’m no help on the dispute side of things as I know they make it hard now so you get frustrated and just pay the bs ticket .
Good luck

Go to there website

Looks like you have to email them with your issue and photos of the receipts etc

info@easypark.ca

Or there’s a link on that website to set a time for a phone call
I tried dealing with an easy park ticket there and nobody ever got back to me. I had to bring my boat from burrard marina to the ramp when I sold it. It was December and everything was icy so the marina launch was closed. I left my truck beside the ramp at Vanier, RAN over to burrard, got in the boat and drove it over to vanier. 10 minutes tops. By the time I got back I had a ticket, not a car or a person in sight. Infuriating.

Just don't pay it. Eventually they send it to collections but that means nothing. Just make sure you change your license plate by the time it does or you'll get towed the next time you don't pay in one of their lots. I have friends that don't ever pay for parking in private lots, or their tickets.

Last edited:
Fished the first part of Bowen Island (Cowan Point?) across from Point Atkinson. Our tack was the 4 red chairs to the last house and not close to the rocks. Had the water pretty much to ourselves. Got there at 8 am and caught 4 or 5 including one nice spring. From 1030 to 12 nothing and then lights out. We ended up limiting out (3 of us) on fat hatchery coho and let another 10 to 12 more go. I could not keep the rods down for a good 1 hour period right after lunch. Green flashers and white hoochie.

Need your advice. Brother is looking to come out in September for some saltchuck fishing off the mouth of the Fraser and wondering what people's thoughts are for the best 10 day window in that month?
Appreciate your help.

Sept 1st has usually been the start period for retention in that area for chinook, 2 a day, 62 cm minimum, no slot size. The North Arm will have a SRKW restriction, so you will want the middle arm (T10) or the south arm (Sandheads).

Back