2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished 12-430 Saturday, picking up a clipped coho between the mile markers, a clipped coho near fisheries, and a clipped coho near pink apartments, and released at least 7 chinook including one around 20 lbs along the way, 50 feet on the rigger produced best. Went out today from 4-7 along the west Van shoreline and Cowan and got completely skunked, quite the contrast.
That's quite the loop in 4.5 hours!

Had a nice afternoon at sandheads yesterday. Slow start with the family. Had lines in the water for an hour at the tide change. My daughter and son tag teamed this hatchery ho. Had a nice bbq dinner together on the water. 67 feet with this setup. View attachment 107960
Sorry won’t let me post pic of setup. It was No Bananas flasher and all silver coho killer. Tight lines out there!

Makes sense. If there is bait/food and lots of salmon in the straight, they should be there. I feel we are creatures of habit. Bowen produces, so we go there. But ni need to go there if the fish are closer.

Sorry won’t let me post pic of setup. It was No Bananas flasher and all silver coho killer. Tight lines out there!
If on your phone, you can edit it to crop out much of the unnecessary parts which makes the file size smaller, if that indeed is the issue.

Coho killers aren't getting the love they used to, still an effective choice though.

Was out for a few hours last night off Cowan's. Bonked a couple hatch released the wilds and had a few hit and misses all at 44' on the rigger. White hoochies were the ticket, not a sniff on the spoon we started out with. Also had a really nice scrappy spring.

Was out for a few hours last night off Cowan's. Bonked a couple hatch released the wilds and had a few hit and misses all at 44' on the rigger. White hoochies were the ticket, not a sniff on the spoon we started out with. Also had a really nice scrappy spring.
Had a few people I know out mid day and it sounded pretty quiet. These coho really do bite more really early or really late.

Maybe it's just me as well but there were about 15 boats out last night in our general area. Those running back from RC couldn't just stick to the outside of the pack (south) but rather lots of boats just run right through the ones fishing.
But the 30 seconds and 30 cents in fuel would be such a hardship otherwise.

Maybe it's just me as well but there were about 15 boats out last night in our general area. Those running back from RC couldn't just stick to the outside of the pack (south) but rather lots of boats just run right through the ones fishing.
I got that experience yesterday at the fingers. Dummy plows thru the pack at half throttle throwing a big wake, stops in the middle of the pack then drifts while getting his gear ready. 🤯

Expected for that area. People suck.

I got that experience yesterday at the fingers. Dummy plows thru the pack at half throttle throwing a big wake, stops in the middle of the pack then drifts while getting his gear ready. 🤯
“Oops, I accidentally cast a massive buzz bomb on my rod with 2 lb test line and a crappy knot right at your windshield” Is an appropriate reaction

Soooo....just looking at the fishing regs and I want to check with the group....when can we retain chinook in Area 29-1/29-2 or over in Area 17?

The regs say "Non-retention until Jul 14 (See Restrictions)" So does that mean July 14 00:01hrs onwards retention is allowed (yes, in areas outside of the SRKW zone. EDIT: SRKW only affects area 29-3, so not quite in the area I was asking about).

Back