2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

nice size coho
We kept the first two dinks, just in case. But we quickly regretted that after they kept getting bigger. We released several hatch that were even bigger than these. Hopefully they stick around and fatten up for a few more weeks.

In Vancouver Harbour, was trying to find a lost crab trap, thought I would drop the lines in for something to do. 20 minutes later I’m limited out for hatchery coho in Vancouver Harbour, between the mile marker furthest out and the bellbouy. Put the rods down just to kill some time and then a doubleheader which I had to release on both sides. There are hatchery Coho in Vancouver Harbour.

In Vancouver Harbour, was trying to find a lost crab trap, thought I would drop the lines in for something to do. 20 minutes later I’m limited out for hatchery coho in Vancouver Harbour, between the mile marker furthest out and the bellbouy. Put the rods down just to kill some time and then a doubleheader which I had to release on both sides. There are hatchery Coho in Vancouver Harbour.
Lots of bait fish jumping just off Jericho on our way in on Wednesday. Might be sabiki worthy.

Same hootchy?
good question....different, plus the inserts are different, but swapped around from flasher to flasher, plus swapped sides too to give a good baseline. If you follow the (ahem) logic that glow flashers are not as effective in shallow water as deeper water, the flash characteristic of the silver Betsy will give the coho that spark they seem to be attracted to. (mylar inserts in a hoochie etc.) Right now the Betsy plus the pink insert hoochie as shown is hot.

good question....different, plus the inserts are different, but swapped around from flasher to flasher, plus swapped sides too to give a good baseline. If you follow the (ahem) logic that glow flashers are not as effective in shallow water as deeper water, the flash characteristic of the silver Betsy will give the coho that spark they seem to be attracted to. (mylar inserts in a hoochie etc.) Right now the Betsy plus the pink insert hoochie as shown is hot.
Betsy is also supposed to have some electrical effects so maybe that's what it is

what depth ?

Fished 12-430 Saturday, picking up a clipped coho between the mile markers, a clipped coho near fisheries, and a clipped coho near pink apartments, and released at least 7 chinook including one around 20 lbs along the way, 50 feet on the rigger produced best. Went out today from 4-7 along the west Van shoreline and Cowan and got completely skunked, quite the contrast.

Back