2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Out yesterday 330pm start, Cowen to RC then out to the Hump then back to RC. White flashfly, Pink/White flashfly, no banana's skinny G, white hootchie, white/pink squirt, Bon Chevy skinny G. Fishing was very slow, "landed" 1 spring, 1 wild coho beside the boat. Lost 4 or 5 others with both guys on the rods never caught a salmon before. Lines up at 815pm.

Both traps empty after a 36 hr soak and having caught 9 keepers just 2 days previous. At least they didn't take my traps this time.

Out yesterday 330pm start, Cowen to RC then out to the Hump then back to RC. White flashfly, Pink/White flashfly, no banana's skinny G, white hootchie, white/pink squirt, Bon Chevy skinny G. Fishing was very slow, "landed" 1 spring, 1 wild coho beside the boat. Lost 4 or 5 others with both guys on the rods never caught a salmon before. Lines up at 815pm.

Both traps empty after a 36 hr soak and having caught 9 keepers just 2 days previous. At least they didn't take my traps this time.
Did you have any bait left at all after 36 hours?

Stainless Steel, the ones the deckhands hate to hand bomb from the depths. Had to have been raided.

Stainless Steel, the ones the deckhands hate to hand bomb from the depths. Had to have been raided.
Raided for sure... we set several traps a couple weeks ago... one trap stolen... all but one of the remainders were completely empty... the one that was not empty had 2 unders in it... one was even missing the quarter chicken used for bait out of its mesh bag!

Trolled Roger Curtis-Worlcombe-Tunstall-Cowan from 11-130 yesterday. Killed a 5lb clipped coho 1km east of Roger Curtis right after dropping lines, but the rest of the troll was quiet until we passed over the same spot on return and caught (and released) a 7lb chinook, both at 66 feet on the rigger with a glow green spoon. Quite the fleet of fisherman around Worlcombe yesterday, but didn’t see many nets out, and the few folks we chatted with only had 1 in the box. Good luck to those out today!

Anyone out at Rodger Curtis and Worlcombe area now? I am working my way there from Cowan point, a handful of boats down here but pretty slow.

Anyone out at Rodger Curtis and Worlcombe area now? I am working my way there from Cowan point, a handful of boats down here but pretty slow.
Passed Roger Cutis 15 minutes ago. Trolling towards Bowen Bay now. Lots of boats between RC and Cowan. Haven't seen any fish come in over the last hour. No action for us but got a nice hatchery coho yesterday on a white hootchie at 70 feet.

Out at South Bowen since 8:15. Started at Seymour Bay. Released a non-targeted species straight away. Was slow so trolled over to RC where the bite really picked up. Lots of coho, although mostly wild. Hitting 20 - 45 feet mostly but had one at 67. Boxed 3 hatcheries so far but released many more wild. Bite has slowed again.

Last edited:
Back