2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Soooo....just looking at the fishing regs and I want to check with the group....when can we retain chinook in Area 29-1/29-2 or over in Area 17?

The regs say "Non-retention until Jul 14 (See Restrictions)" So does that mean July 14 00:01hrs onwards retention is allowed (yes, in areas outside of the SRKW zone. EDIT: SRKW only affects area 29-3, so not quite in the area I was asking about).

To the best of my knowledge, it opens the morning of the 15th, but don’t take my word for it ha ha

Soooo....just looking at the fishing regs and I want to check with the group....when can we retain chinook in Area 29-1/29-2 or over in Area 17?

The regs say "Non-retention until Jul 14 (See Restrictions)" So does that mean July 14 00:01hrs onwards retention is allowed (yes, in areas outside of the SRKW zone. EDIT: SRKW only affects area 29-3, so not quite in the area I was asking about).

Traditionally that has been July 15, some will go to Thrasher, but a lot of us start going over to Gower point for the Chinook retention of one a day.

Put in a couple hours at Roger Curtis yesterday evening, but was pretty slow for us. We “landed” three coho only, kept one clipped and gaff-released the others. Couple other hits. 45’ and white squirt with purple haze mini flasher had all but one hit.

Attachments

• 66EEAE76-7999-41EC-8619-7337B32B00CD.jpeg
    66EEAE76-7999-41EC-8619-7337B32B00CD.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 22
Traditionally that has been July 15, some will go to Thrasher, but a lot of us start going over to Gower point for the Chinook retention of one a day.

Thanks. I find the phrasing "until July 14" to be ambiguous.

I've just looked over the Fisheries Notices for Area 29 and I didn't see any exact date/time clarification on there either. I wonder if there will be a new Fisheries Notice posted clarifying when rule changes? Maybe that's wishful thinking...

Fished Roger Curtis to Worlcombe this morning from 8-10. Kept 5 hatchery cohos among ~15 fish landed and ~20 total fish on.

610dd882-77ac-4022-8ce7-acf53616540e.jpeg

Anchovy spoon on one side slightly outproduced the white hootchie on the other side. Usual depths — 35’ to 75’ — and often changing depths got a bite.

Beauty, hot and flat morning. Almost went for a swim!

“Oops, I accidentally cast a massive buzz bomb on my rod with 2 lb test line and a crappy knot right at your windshield” Is an appropriate reaction
Never know who your doing that to these days not worth it. Better play is to just call the RAPP and tell them he’s keeping undersized fish and throwing empty beer cans into the ocean.

• Haha
Reactions: JWS
Never know who your doing that to these days not worth it. Better play is to just call the RAPP and tell them he’s keeping undersized fish and throwing empty beer cans into the ocean.
I dunno, what’s he gonna do? Shoot me? lol. Gonna assume a guy in a boat like that has more to lose than I do 😁

Haha those kids with the beer can display in Florida definitely ficked around and found out.

Back