2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Apologize for the off topic question just under the gun to get my downriggers figured out on my newer boat so I can be posting some fishing reports and somewhat confused.
Have the right angle swivel mount bases on my downriggers that on my old boat just had two thumb bolts on the inside wall plate to release the downriggers. New boat just has just standard base plate mounted on the top of the gunnel and I was considering removing right angle option from downriggers but my old thumb bolts won't work on two levels... First as per the photo they appear too long and therefore just not enough room to get them into the base holes and they will be too long and bind up against the fiberglass gunnel before getting tight. These appear to be the standard 1 and 3/4 in thumb bolt and I can't find anywhere on Scotty's website anything shorter for this application?
Any thoughts?
And if I can find shorter thumb bolts is trying to put in four of these bolts on this horizontal base plate just going to be a recipe for lost thumb bolts over the side and going back to the right angle option with bolts inside the cockpit my best bet?
Thank you for your help and feel free to PM me if you want to spare others the distraction.😉

Attachments

• 20240713_143512.jpg
    20240713_143512.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240713_132917.jpg
    20240713_132917.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 47
If you rotate the top 45 degrees will the bolts fit?

It appears that the permanent machine screws were fastened in that position.

Talked to the fuel supply truck driver early this morning at Burrard Civic marina, delivering for the False Creel Fuels dock.
He said 91 octane, 100% ethanol free, marked.

What's the price over there at False Creek Fuels?

From my trips this week:
Gibsons: $2.179/L
Fisherman's Cove $2.179/L
Lions Bay $1.999/L

Out near Roger Curtis this morning. Similar condition to yesterday morning: large swells coming down the straight with about 5knots of breeze.

Huge swells from about the middle of Vancouver Harbor on the way over to East Bowen so I went to point Atkinson first and tucked in behind that island and now we’re at East Bowen and it’s beautiful conditions.

Back