2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Took my wife and daughter fishing today. Hit Cowan by 2pm til 6. Nonstop action and several double headers. About a dozen to the boat, 5 in the box. All coho, no springs. White hoochie on Angling 4Autism UV flasher got 3/4 of the action, lil phatE spoon with mini flasher got the rest. 25-30 ft on the rigger

Two in the box at Seymour Bay, had to work a bit, took me an hour this time. A good number of boats out here on a fantastic day. Hot but little bit of a breeze picking up now. My goodness this is paradise.

IMG_0617.jpeg

Last edited:
Explored from Worlcombe all the way to Thormanby today. Found some new spots which is nice. I'm exhausted. We could not keep the coho off. Every spot, every depth, every lure. Finally managed to get our two chinook, all our coho, a rockfish and a nice linger. Great morning.
20240717_122152.jpgIMG_00331.jpg

Were your chinook from around Gower Point or further up the coast? I'm thinking of heading to Gower Pt on Friday...haven't really heard any reports specifically from there lately

Attempted jigging for coho yesterday near the bell around the afternoon tide change. I picked up a slow jigging rod and metered braind a while back but haven’t really used it yet. Found fish and bait balls, did my best to stay on em and keep the line vertical and work. the depths I was marking fish at but all I caught and released was a flounder and bullhead. I have some assist hooks I might try next time, there were a few bumps on the drop that might have been misssd hits. Pic of everything I tried, I left the buzz bombs at home. I gave up once the current picked up and trolled for a bit. Released a few good size fish that were not hatchery coho.
IMG_2291.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpeg
    IMG_2291.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 9
Attempted jigging for coho yesterday near the bell around the afternoon tide change. I picked up a slow jigging rod and metered braind a while back but haven’t really used it yet. Found fish and bait balls, did my best to stay on em and keep the line vertical and work. the depths I was marking fish at but all I caught and released was a flounder and bullhead. I have some assist hooks I might try next time, there were a few bumps on the drop that might have been misssd hits. Pic of everything I tried, I left the buzz bombs at home. I gave up once the current picked up and trolled for a bit. Released a few good size fish that were not hatchery coho.
View attachment 108328
We used to get them on green pearl zingers in both the 2.5oz and 4oz sizes. Haven't tried it in 7 or 8 years but we did very well back then. Mostly stuck to depths from 25-85 feet and we never had a fish finder.

Back