2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

See you out there. No Gower today, just Bowen as I have a work function later or else I'd go there. No JBL yet, waiting for Best Buy to say it’s ready.

anybody have an idea what the winds look like tomorrow morning? Was hoping to take the mrs out for some coho fishing.

Friday report from RC/Tunstall: light winds and rolly seas. About 10 boats working the Tunstall area in the afternoon. Looked like Fisheries were checking boats but they never made it to us.

My 7y/o kid was the designated rod holder for this outing. Fishing seemed tougher than recent past but after a few long-line releases we finally got a beautiful 55cm hatchery coho in the net. Huge smiles all around. Head will be sent off to find out where the fish was from. Great day on the water.

Thinking about heading to the Gower area to try to find a chinook this afternoon.

Dropped in at Gower around 0645 this morning, released two unclipped coho right away, then started working NW and trolled to Roberts Creek, working a spot whenever we found concentrated bait or fish. Ended up keeping two clipped coho and a nice spring about 13 lbs or so. Released a number of unclipped and lost a few. Fish plugged with 2” firecracker herring, spring must have had 50 of them in his gut. Most action at 62’ but some shallower at 38-42’.

Saturday report:

Fishing in the Gower area 13:30-15:30: two unclipped coho and several shakers. Fishing seemed pretty slow. Only saw one other boat with a fish on...their net came out but was put away without getting wet.

Fished another 30mins near Worlcombe. Two more shakers but no keepers

Thining of heading to Cowans Point / Seymour Bay area for a little while this morning to catch the end of the ebb tide.

Fished gower yesterday. Had an early hatch coho right off the bat in deep fishing for springs . Bite came on for us around the 11 something tide change. Got our 3 springs and called it a day . Beauty day on the water .
McDonald was a gong show from the low tide . Thankfully I have a small boat and snuck out the left side . Lots of boats waiting to get in and out. People really need to understand the tides there . Guess it’s summer welcome to the $hit show

Slow for me yesterday. Started around Roberts creek 8am trolled to near Gower, no interest from any Chinook. Released a couple of the biggest wild coho I’ve seen locally (8-9lb?) looked at the mouth a couple times on the last one to be sure but damn white gums…
South Bowen 1-4 no hatch coho, no takers at all. I think my gear was broken. It happens

Technically just arrived at Cowen, so I was just assuming I'd get to Cowen with no action, correct assumption lol. The point is, I was reporting my fishing was slow

Attachments

• 1000014391.jpg
    1000014391.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 57
Back