2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Yes, that is a known entity with them, but they work well and are sure popular. Have you tried the Needle G version? It’s the same spoon shape and color combo, but it’s three times as thick. They might not be as easy to find, but they do make them. it might not flutter as well, so that remains to be seen.
Man, fishing must be sloooooow out there lol ;)

Not much of a report but it’s something. West of Cowan today for a few hours at tide change. Saw lots of boats moving from one location to another…not a great sign. Not a lot of action but managed two marked coho at 50’ with the west coast fishing tackle chrome zone flasher doing all the work.

Attachments

• IMG_5357.jpeg
    IMG_5357.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
South Bowen today 1pm-5pm 4 hatch coho. My 3 biggest of the year, all bucks. Lost 4 or 5. Skinny G and Hootchies both equally effective. Countless shakers, checked lines every 10 minutes because half the time there was a 8 inch salmon hanging off the end. More shakers on the skinny g than hootchie.

Attachments

• IMG-20240723-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240723-WA0003.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 63
Has anyone had success jigging for salmon around Vancouver? I'm renting a small boat next week planning on taking some buzz bombs and zinngers and maybe heading to the cap

South Bowen today 1pm-5pm 4 hatch coho. My 3 biggest of the year, all bucks. Lost 4 or 5. Skinny G and Hootchies both equally effective. Countless shakers, checked lines every 10 minutes because half the time there was a 8 inch salmon hanging off the end. More shakers on the skinny g than hootchie.
yes to the shakers, every 10 minutes I have been checking. Set a different depth after checking can be effective too, change it up a few feet every time.

Has anyone had success jigging for salmon around Vancouver? I'm renting a small boat next week planning on taking some buzz bombs and zinngers and maybe heading to the cap
Yes but not unless they're really stacked up. I'd advise you to stay West of the Pink Apartment to avoid being that sitting duck in the middle of the fleet of boats attempting to troll around you. The currents are also ripping if you're right near the mouth. Good luck!

Yes but not unless they're really stacked up. I'd advise you to stay West of the Pink Apartment to avoid being that sitting duck in the middle of the fleet of boats attempting to troll around you. The currents are also ripping if you're right near the mouth. Good luck!
Much appreciated! Thanks for the help. Would there be any other locations aside from the cap? Leaving from Granville Island 18 ft boat 50Hp on the back

Much appreciated! Thanks for the help. Would there be any other locations aside from the cap? Leaving from Granville Island 18 ft boat 50Hp on the back
From the Pink Apartment all the way West to the fisheries building. Stay shallow so you can keep on bottom. Look for bait balls on the surface if you don't have a sounder. You could try along Stanley Park if you happen to notice any guide boats already working it.

Just a quick observation here. One of my fishing partners has been out coho fishing with me a number of times. I troll fast for coho, he has been running a skinny G and flasher, and every trip he is out fishing my barrage of hoochie combinations. That’s a remarkable spoon design that seems to work great for chinook at lower speeds, and coho even with a steep cable angle. (18lb cannonballs).
outfitter skinny g?

Not much of a report but it’s something. West of Cowan today for a few hours at tide change. Saw lots of boats moving from one location to another…not a great sign. Not a lot of action but managed two marked coho at 50’ with the west coast fishing tackle chrome zone flasher doing all the work.
wow super red coho there

Back