2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Easy limit of two for us. Nonstop action for us in the north west of the lighthouse and between 200-250 fow. Hooked a couple of chinooks in 55’ and then it slowed down for half hour or so. Dropped the gear deeper in 85 and 110’ and we got action right away. Finished with 3 minty mid-teen marbles and a 20 lb white - all males.
Gee, that dropping when it slows sounds familiar. :-) Good job, sir. The name of my boat is Willow-Bee a home built. . Say hi sometime out there, Ringo. It would be nice to meet some of the regulars around here and say hello on the water.

Great day out at SH and that was unexpected looking at the forecast. 7:15am arrival. We were out with two boats and one stuck beside the can. We were out the pack in deeper water and did much better. 7 whites all 15+ lbs up to 25, and a nice hatchery coho. 55-65 all day long. Bite died down after around 10:30am so we headed back with the fish box full.

Great day out at SH and that was unexpected looking at the forecast. 7:15am arrival. We were out with two boats and one stuck beside the can. We were out the pack in deeper water and did much better. 7 whites all 15+ lbs up to 25, and a nice hatchery coho. 55-65 all day long. Bite died down after around 10:30am so we headed back with the fish box full.
Hey we're fellow Merry Fisher owners now! :)

Headed out this morning with a couple colleagues from work to Sand Heads. Launched at 7am and got out around 730. As soon as one rod was down FISH ON. I handed the rod to the greenest man on board. I don't think he's been on boat on the ocean or ever held a fishing rod. Was a decent fish and got it close to the boat. I tried a reaching net but fish saw it coming and took off. He held onto the knuckle buster like his life depended on it... as the rod flattened out the mainline snapped.... and I watched my flasher rapidly vanish into the cloudy water.

So it was time for some education, haha.

Then got the rods down again. It was another instant hook up. A beauty Thompson Red. Can't believe they're still out there. Then got the lines back down and doubled up on a big wild coho and another white Chinook that my buddy managed a bit better and we got in the boat.

Then we missed a couple and It went dead at 10:30. Like someone turned off the switch. Bunch of boats with guys twiddling their thumbs.

Then out from the pack around 1 pm we hooked another at 40 feet. Then another bite right after at 80 feet.

Trolled till around 3 pm without seeing any nets or even getting a sniff. Crazy how it shut down after a hot morning bite.
Maybe I can convince one of my buddies to head out again tomorrow. Weather looks great!

Attachments

• 20240923_122259.jpg
    20240923_122259.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 20240923_091031.jpg
    20240923_091031.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20240923_083115.jpg
    20240923_083115.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 118
Heading over tomorrow tomorrow from Sidney. Any intel appreciated! Is bait necessary or spoons and whole hootchies still producing?

Last kick of the can for Vancouver for me and buddie heading to Sandheads this morning
be in the DE with a grey top and green noodle ..........with two old farts .....lol
see you out there .......

Sandheads today from 8:30-12:30
Fishing out deeper 300-450 feet so much action but mostly coho big wild coho no sign of hatchery managed to scrape out a couple of chinooks around 10 lbs one red one marble all and all a great day man there were lots of fish being caught …. Man those coho where nice looking fresh fish biggest one must of been around 15lbs big hooked nose hit like a freight train
Lots of boats hitting fish around us but didn’t see a lot of fish being released pretty sure and by our catch ratio that some of those must of been wild coho would have been great day day to have a fisheries boat be checking
I was shocked to see a man land a hatchery Coho yesterday morning, bonked it, then after 5 minutes, threw it back into the river! Identification remains a problem...

Back