2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

anyone that knows anything about fishing sandheads knows the fish stack off drop off at the green can , especially as the season progresses and after long spells of dry weather, it’s not rocket science. The hoochie and spoon crew are the guys fumbling around out in the deep water .

That’s why it’s the hero tack lol. If I’m solo I’ll stay out of the pack, but if I got a good guy with me like today, I’m right in there, elbows up

Ya for sure, my boat is manageable solo but I don't race to the can unless we have a force field of karma and every bumper I own out haha...go get em!

One final trip for me coming Friday, rip to the coast Thursday and work my way down Friday to the Heads and a mandatory final drag across the cap, because this is highly liley the last trip on this amazing boat that's been so great for the past 8 years.

Cheers!

Is it just me or has Sandheads turned into the Keith Wilson Bridge of the West or the Cap of the south? FFS.
Just because you're trolling it doesn't mean you don't have to keep watch and at least pay attention to other boats.
They're just stinky whites people. Take the fish goggles off people.
Sooner or later the above poster is right- they are going to create a no fishing zone off the cans.

Tug from sunshine coast leaving a 15 mile 6 ft wake in an otherwise dead calm straight.. enjoyView attachment 110916

Haha he's moving a ton of water! Weird they're using a tug that size for sechelt sand? They always run those smaller ones, we watch them do bay day, night, day night all year round.

Those blue tugs put out on hell of a wake, but you couldn't really tell yesterday with all the awesome seas haha

Is it just me or has Sandheads turned into the Keith Wilson Bridge of the West or the Cap of the south? FFS.
Just because you're trolling it doesn't mean you don't have to keep watch and at least pay attention to other boats.
They're just stinky whites people. Take the fish goggles off people.
Sooner or later the above poster is right- they are going to create a no fishing zone off the cans.
I agree. It’s been brutal this year.

Got out to Sandheads for pretty much first light. 15 seconds after we put the first rod down, fish on. 10 lbs hatchery coho, into the box.

Get the other rod down, another fish on. And so it went. Broke some hooks. Lost some fish with newerbies bringing them in. Didn't go more than 10 minutes with out a fish on.

Around 8:45 this guy showed up and the day got even better.

IMG_5810.jpeg

44 lbs on the scale back at the Milltown docks. 15 minutes to land him with the boat in neutral.

Wrapped up around 10:30 with a full fish box: 7 chinook, 1 coho, smiles all around. Even got the last two chinooks on spoons after we ran through our 16 anchovies. Incredible that we have a fishery like this in our backyard.

Same report as @sherrett. Non stop action from first light to about 930. We got our limit of 8 on a combo of bait and plugs, including this hog that calculated to 32lbs. Flat calm, sunny, and smiles all around. Depths anywhere between 55-120.

Attachments

• IMG_4211.jpeg
    IMG_4211.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_6518.jpeg
    IMG_6518.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Back