2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

We did get out, leaving Captains Cove at about 12:30 winds were looking a little strong in the cottonwoods but we went out and the river was brutal. 6 footers around Steveston with water going over not just the bow but over the entire boat! Anyway, for those who don’t know the river can be much rougher than Sandheads at times. We had a big flood tide and with the river current going against it — all you can do is slow down and buck your way through it. Once we got to Sandheads at about 1:15 we got through the initial rough stuff and headed north to somewhat calmer water. Had a small spring on in the first few minutes and then a beauty unclipped coho right after. The we headed back to the green can area and one rod went off and then the other so we had a great double header going in the rough slop - two crossovers and we lost one at the boat but managed to land the other - about a 19 silver beauty! Then it was steady action with lots of hit and runs and ended up going through 20 anchovies and retaining 4 silver chinook. Left SH at 4:30. Very fresh fish. My wife is tagged out and my fishing buddy is tagged out and I have 2 slots left which I want to keep for winters. All on anchovies at 55 to 70’. All in the general green can area. I’ll attach a photo which only fisherman can appreciate with the fish bleeding out in the bait tank! Good luck out there! The second photo was from today. I’m not sure how to delete the first photo.

Attachments

• IMG_1862.jpeg
    IMG_1862.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1878.jpeg
    IMG_1878.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 196
Back