2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Got out at 4 and had several hits that didn't stick. Ground out two low teen springs and then just now at last light we doubled up on another two the same size. 35-55 on herring and chovy on the hero tack. All female marbles.

Beautiful evening with only a handful of boats. Glad we listened to Windfinder.
IMG-20240916-WA0006.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!
We got out at 3:30 and just had the one on about an hour later and then no love for us.
Marble buck teener on a medium size herring 50 ft just off the green can.
We actually didn't see anybody else netting a fish the whole time we were there so good on Rain City for getting the four.
Was pretty lumpy actually when we arrived and by time we left at 6:30 was a bit better so looking like it's only going to be worse for the rest of the week.
Beautiful sunset.

Yup lumpy this afternoon, persevered and it paid off. Some nice fish we caught at Sandheads. And a beauty of a sunset as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpeg
    IMG_2114.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2129.jpeg
    IMG_2129.jpeg
    537.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2119.jpeg
    IMG_2119.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2132.jpeg
    IMG_2132.jpeg
    405.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 167
Anyone at SH right now for a conditions report? I’m assuming with a flooding tide and easterly wind it might be a little sporty…

Had a great day at SH today. Started at 9 and had 4 fish in the boat by 12:30. Most fish we caught were in 250-300 FOW north west of the lighthouse 45 and 55’ on the DR. Lost the battle to a ****** seal and released 3 fat cohos.

Last edited:
Got out after work around 5 pm and dropped the lines. The wind calmed down like forecasted and was pretty nice evening. Some nasty weeds floating around to the north of the green can. I kept getting messed up trying to troll alone and set up.

Put anchovies down first and tried deeper like I've been having success. One hit at 69 feet and a good fight, but popped off when he hit the surface.

Then things slowed down for me while I was still seeing the odd one caught. So I was losing faith in my bait. Put on a herring... nothing. Put on a herring aid Gibbs spoon and it didn't take long at 50 feet. Hooked a nice one. Got it right behind the boat positioning for the single man net and one roll and the hook popped. Kept going meanwhile bait on other side is getting no action. Got another spoon hit that came off before I got to the rod. Then switched the other side to white hootchie. That got nothing. Then the spoon got hit again at 50... this one was a big fish, pulling hard.. and then just pop. Man going to have to change that hook.

Time was winding down and it was 7:20 looking back to pull lines and boom finally hook another Chinook smaller than the others but a legal... so I'll take it and head in.

Lots of wood on the river tonight. Smooth sailing going out then a forest coming in.

Attachments

• 20240917_192703.jpg
    20240917_192703.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Got out with a couple of fishy guys one of which was tired from fishing last night. Got to T10 early put a spring in the boat pretty quick at 67. Had a steady hits for the next while but they were soft and not sticking. Lost a good fish at the boat. Nice big hatch coho at 77 with another big wild released. Wind backed off around 11:30 and we moved to SH. Double header springs to start one more hatch coho one more spring and double header springs to finish. Fish 37 47 67. Gear in at 2

Had a great day at SH today. Started at 9 and had 4 fish in the boat by 12:30. Most fish we caught were in 250-300 FOW north west of the lighthouse 45 and 55’ on the DR. Lost the battle to a ****** seal and released 3 fat cohos.
We had a first out there yesterday . Doing our outside turn just past the green can , both rods got hammered . Fought fish for a min or so until both fish got sealed simultaneously. Never had a double header sealing

We had a first out there yesterday . Doing our outside turn just past the green can , both rods got hammered . Fought fish for a min or so until both fish got sealed simultaneously. Never had a double header sealing
Right around the low slack by the green can I counted 6 seals in a small area.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if it has ever happened before! I’ve been sealed and sea lioned 4 or 5 times out there over the years but a double header sealing - crazy

Back