2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Steady action at sandheads this morning, including a check from some friendly DFO seconds after landing a fish. All good and lines back down. Hooked in to a bigger one at 45’ on the rigger, dragged it away from everyone and when we were in 400-500’ of water, the sounder showed fish at 200’ so we thought what the heck. Dropped the other line down to 200 and an instant hook up. Crazy. Now playing a double with lines crossing. Lots of fun. Anchovies or herring worked equally. Really happy with the WCFT flashers.

Attachments

• IMG_5575.jpeg
    IMG_5575.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 156
Got a few nice reds in a 1pm-4pm shift in my buddies boat. Had some kids on board so we lost a few. Wasn't on fire but we stayed entertained. Probably a dozen good hits that resulted in playable fish for the kids. 1 nice spring lost at the boat by a bad gaff job by yours truly. Double header so the net was being used. Oh well

Got a few nice reds in a 1pm-4pm shift in my buddies boat. Had some kids on board so we lost a few. Wasn't on fire but we stayed entertained. Probably a dozen good hits that resulted in playable fish for the kids. 1 nice spring lost at the boat by a bad gaff job by yours truly. Double header so the net was being used. Oh well
Did you yell at him he kids when they lost those fish? 🤪

Fished T10 yesterday afternoon with a buddy and his son, 3 springs and 2 coho to the boat, a few lost cause of a sloppy net, no finger pointing and no yelling LoL.
All caught on a white flash fly, spoons produced constant shakers for us. Wasn’t running bait as I ran out on Sunday. Time to throw some salt on some of those horse herring in the freezer

Fished T10 yesterday afternoon with a buddy and his son, 3 springs and 2 coho to the boat, a few lost cause of a sloppy net, no finger pointing and no yelling LoL.
All caught on a white flash fly, spoons produced constant shakers for us. Wasn’t running bait as I ran out on Sunday. Time to throw some salt on some of those horse herring in the freezer
Big wild coho seem to like the horse herring

Left at 22:00 last night. Car in front of me hit a bear on the Coq. 1 hr nap in Steveston.
Out of the 5 mph zone just at daylight today. First 2 boats I see had no running lights.
Started with an anchovy and a hooch. Hooch had two lost takedowns before being retired.
Anchovy was steady, even hot, but I found that the current would blow me off the hotspot while playing a fish, and I had to go back or find a new spot to get it.going again. The pool salted Superstore mackerel strips went down 4 times, caught 3 chins and a wild ho. Took a bit of trimming to jam it in the Super Strip Teaser. 6-8 inch strips.IMG_20240903_100440945~2.jpg
I'll spend $200 on gas to go fishing, but I like to economize. No herring in Kelowna
Steady action till I left at 11.
2 in the box, 2 released cohos, 5 released chins, 3 lost chins. Anchovy came up chewed twice. Released one Chin.on a naked spoon at 27 trying for a hatch
Home at 17:45.
Sandheads.

3 of us went to t10 first thing this morning. 2 rods with bait 2 rods running the whole
Gammit of hardware...spoons hoochies, GS Bucktails, plugs, all had hits. Roughly even between bait and hardware.
Kept 6 released quite a few including a 37”x 23.5” beauty that my buddy decided to send up the river to breed. 👍🏼

Only one coho (wild) in 2 days fishing and we tried for them today. Only one of the 6 chinook we retained was red.

Weather and ocean/waves were magnificent today.

Just to make everyone feel a little more at ease. My buddies I was with today have a cabin at Nelson Island. Yesterday before they came home they fished for a few hours and caught several nice springs and huge coho. They're still coming. Let's hope this dry weather holds up for a few weeks!

They're the ones with the obnoxiously large aluminum cat you might have seen this afternoon.

Back