2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hey fellas, what are some of the frequently used launch points to access sand heads? Want to go check them out before September, usually launch in Horseshoe bay but its a gas burner and the wallet didn't enjoy it much last year.

Hey fellas, what are some of the frequently used launch points to access sand heads? Want to go check them out before September, usually launch in Horseshoe bay but its a gas burner and the wallet didn't enjoy it much last year.
Wellington Point Park

Macdonald Beach or Steveston at the end of number 2 road. Good luck.

There is a whole forum open to discuss conservation and fisheries politics. This thread is for reporting on actual fishing activities that are currently available and onging. Any discussion from here on in that belongs in the other section will be removed. Posting openings and changes to DFO regulations here is fine, but only for notification purposes. Members come to these threads to see fishing reports and they don't want to see everything cluttered with other topics. The summer fishery is coming close to the end. Get out and enjoy it while you can and share your stories if you so choose.

Brian

Reached Cowan pt around 8 dropped the lines. Shallower riger around 100 ft. Green and white skinny g with watermelon green flasher. hooked up a decent hatch coho. Deeper rod by a bit 120ft had a great fight to what felt to be a solid nook but I got over zealous and brought em to to the top water too quickly (rookie).this was a orange flasher and a lime teaser head with a small herring crammed in there. Safe to say the big fella breached and popped off. Another hookup on a hatch coho a little later, lucky me! . 2/3 on hookups. Headed back to west van to drag along the pink apartment floor to no avail. And then zipped home early to the wife and kids by 2. Got home inspected a teaser head I had pulled up and swapped out and saw that it had been totally crushed through. Pretty neat the bite strength of some of the pigs down there, Great success. Try again next week :-)

well windy lied to me today went out for the 6pm high tide and got stuck with a full blown gale thunder storm and lightning ...... was supposed to be next to no wind and calm Snotty as hell stuck it out for an hour and went back in surprised the 3-4 big cruise ships did not take a hit pic off facebook from a local at bonniebrooke this eve .......

Attachments

• 456049796_122165339786168860_4101848016197011955_n.jpg
    456049796_122165339786168860_4101848016197011955_n.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 225
That storm was massive, it was active at our cabin just past roberts creek at the same time it was active up at friends place on Saginaw lake...lighting then 2 seconds to thunder.

Wicked Pic!!

well windy lied to me today went out for the 6pm high tide and got stuck with a full blown gale thunder storm and lightning ...... was supposed to be next to no wind and calm Snotty as hell stuck it out for an hour and went back in surprised the 3-4 big cruise ships did not take a hit pic off facebook from a local at bonniebrooke this eve .......

Great pic!

If you launch at Wellington just be ready for the current if you launch on a big ebb - obvious but have seen a few panicky moments there.

I went out to Thrasher today (Nice and calm but bump on the way back) to set a prawn trap in about 260' north of Thrasher, just to see if I'd catch anything. I was out from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Around 1:30 PM, while trolling the area, I noticed a bunch of boats near where I had set the trap so I cruised over to check on it, and my float was still there, so I moved on and kept trolling.

When I returned around 3 PM to retrieve the trap the float was still there. As I was pulling it up, I noticed it felt unusually light. I reached the 5-pound weight and the realized there was no trap (brand New). I used a brand new carabiner to attach my trap and it was still there. It’s hard to believe the trap could have unhooked itself; someone must have taken it. I wouldn’t have minded if someone had just taken the catch, but to steal the whole trap is just unacceptable. Well I guess the bait I used must have work.

This is the reason why I have a hard time spending money on traps.

6 wilds 2 hatch and lost 1 nice chinook (net got snagged with the hooks. problems when fishing by yourself) Anchovies 60ft and white hoochie 44 ft. 300 - 600 feet of water

Back