2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Got across again today, can’t help myself. Slow work week = take advantage of our version of “prime time” Bank account is bleeding a bit. But some really nice fish over at Thrasher. 78 & 80cm footballs today, low slack bite was on 8:30-10am. Quite the humpback show too. Herring again, deep, 215 on the riggers.

Last edited:
I was got to Thrasher at 7:45 and had steady action until 11 when the bite kind of died off. Boxed 2 hatch coho and lost 3 nice chinook. Probably had over 20 hits.
White hootchie, white flashfly, and herringaid skinny g with green and chartreuse flashers.
Best depths ranged from 75’-99’ on the DR in 400-600’ of water.
Nothing else seemed to work including a plug and 6” spoon at 180-220’ on the DR.

Was over yesterday to Entrance and Thrasher. Entrance better for us. Some nice sized hatch coho, 2 Chinook in slot. And let a very nice over slot go (mid 20lb). Hootchies were giving us no love. Everything came on spoons. The big guy on a naked 6" spoon. Also bait was getting repeatedly hit...by coho (obviously we were hoping for Spring hits). Humpbacks were very active.

The anticipation is high, you can feel it in the air, as we approach the tide change at Point Atkinson. Guide boats and guest boats are like are all navigating for that perfect spot for when the magic happens. Using my David Attenborough voice.
Yeah - exactly like this…. 🤣
1723930025308.jpeg

Our Vancouver August fishery has come to this (using my Jim Robson voice!)

i find good spring fishing inside by the fisheries and by the freighters that are parked inside i find u dont need to be off the point
That's called illegal fishing for Chinooks.

Agree. Plus, most of the boats in that pic are outside of 28-6. But I’m sure they’re “coho fishing” and wouldn’t dream of boxing a spring out there. Right?…..

I'm as ticked off as anyone about the restrictions but rules are rules.

I'd have 2 DFO boats in that pack sitting there making lives miserable. I'm tired of watching Chinooks hit the dock which were clearly harvested "out of bounds". There also needs to be a reg change to single barbless with a maximum hook size restriction with a no net on fish over size or something like that. Way too many Chinooks being boated for simply no good reason other than a picture.

There's tons of illegal stuff going on over this coast with all kinds of other fisheries too- oysters, clams, bottom fish, etc. But the way I see if, rules remain rules whether you like it or not.

i find good spring fishing inside by the fisheries and by the freighters that are parked inside i find u dont need to be off the point
I was out there on Friday. I tried the hump and Roger Curtis and all the way back, and the most fish and bait balls that I marked on the sounder were there. It was a long grind of a day. Beauty and flat by the evening. Nothing but little shakers for me...but the most marks were by Fisheries. Kind of frustrating.....but at least I was fishing.

I'd have 2 DFO boats in that pack sitting there making lives miserable. I'm tired of watching Chinooks hit the dock which were clearly harvested "out of bounds". There also needs to be a reg change to single barbless with a maximum hook size restriction with a no net on fish over size or something like that. Way too many Chinooks being boated for simply no good reason other than a picture.

There's tons of illegal stuff going on over this coast with all kinds of other fisheries too- oysters, clams, bottom fish, etc. But the way I see if, rules remain rules whether you like it or not.
It’s the 30’ boat with 10 guys on the bow jigging that gets me…

Civil disobedience can sometimes drive change

Take it easy man. It’s just fishing and it’s been like this for as long as we can remember.
How ’bout you posting a report on this thread every once in a while??

Back