2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I appreciate that however I'm still trying to learn how to find the maps that are visually representative of what is closed that some of the people on here have posted. I just spent the last 15 minutes on both fisheries website and can't find them there either. Just don't understand how they don't make this easier.

Pull up Area 28 under Recreational Fishing / Limits, Openings and Closures on the Fisheries and Oceans Canada website. Select the “Salmon” tab. Scroll down to restrictions. The link to the map is right there.

I appreciate that however I'm still trying to learn how to find the maps that are visually representative of what is closed that some of the people on here have posted. I just spent the last 15 minutes on both fisheries website and can't find them there either. Just don't understand how they don't make this easier.
You're absolutely right.

I don’t understand why 29-3 is listed in the species regulations with limits as though it were open?
Because a small portion of it is. But not the area listed as being closed. The thing that makes it really hard is that the closure doesn't match exactly with the specific areas, so you have to look at the worst case regulations which outlines what the new boundaries are.

scroll down and the closures is shown . You have to read it as , all is open .. but with the restrictions shown below, in other words it's all closed
LoL Government Logic I suppose.

It's because they created a portion of an area which makes it confusing. It's the same every year. You have to read the opening and closures notice. Don't read the app or the sport fishing guide regulations. Read the notice. Yeah it's dumb. Yes they should consider making the little portion It's own area, however don't poke the bear too much. Would really suck if that little portion was not available. Tough game

But it's not a partial opening. That's just the way your interpreting it. It's an opening Aug 1st for portions of area 29 listed in the actual notice. Read the notice.

Why they don't just include that in July 15th opening is beyond me.

Pull up Area 28 under Recreational Fishing / Limits, Openings and Closures on the Fisheries and Oceans Canada website. Select the “Salmon” tab. Scroll down to restrictions. The link to the map is right there.
Thank you ...finally found it but I can guarantee you the vast majority of people are not finding it ...
just crazy how complicated they make it.

Well thrasher is certainly on fire. Boxed 4 springs between 7:30-9am this morning and lost a few more. NW of the Rock in 200-300’ of water just keeping a tight circle tack, riggers at 160-170 and pretty much non stop action. Running herring above dummy flashers and the last one on a plug. Bonus hatch coho down deep too. Time to see if there’s any lings left over here.
Love it when the plug above dummy flasher is working! Gave it a go last weekend at Sooke w/o any love… most came on flashflys behind the dodger.
Hearing in a teaser head I assume?

Love it when the plug above dummy flasher is working! Gave it a go last weekend at Sooke w/o any love… most came on flashflys behind the dodger.
Hearing in a teaser head I assume?
Yep good ol Rhys Davis teaser. All fish had 5-6” herring in the bellies. So herring was a good call lol

Kept two this afternoon on the flood tide in 28-6. Down deep. 94&124’ on the riggers. The side with the Crucifish tandem dummy flasher and the WCFT flasher and herring in a teaser head did really well.

Attachments

• IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 134
It's quiet because there's not much to report about Vancouver per se. We have been trained into being thankful that we have the odd hatchery Coho we might be able to retain and a sliver of West Van to catch fish or run 50-60 miles round trip for slots.

17 days until we kick the crap out of things with fins off the Fraser and gauntlet the last of the red Chinooks then declare fishing for stinky whites as "great". Just sayin'....

Ready your ship and gear and make sure your engines fire up if you haven't bothered spending your gas money yet and get your hands on some bait and get ready for the sh*t show. :rolleyes:

It's quiet because there's not much to report about Vancouver per se. We have been trained into being thankful that we have the odd hatchery Coho we might be able to retain and a sliver of West Van to catch fish or run 50-60 miles round trip for slots.

17 days until we kick the crap out of things with fins off the Fraser and gauntlet the last of the red Chinooks then declare fishing for stinky whites as "great". Just sayin'....

Ready your ship and gear and make sure your engines fire up if you haven't bothered spending your gas money yet and get your hands on some bait and get ready for the sh*t show. :rolleyes:
Very uplifting

Back