2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Gower Pt. this morning, out on the water just after 6 am and managed a nice slot size Chinook just before 8 am. Was pretty quiet up to that point. Caught on a plug fished close to bottom in 164 ft of water. Beautiful weather, calm seas.

Had fished same are yesterday morning with no luck.

Gave up in 28-6 after three hours with only two bites and moved to Bowen. Picked up two hatch hos on a 3” watermelon apex. Lots of boats out but little action. Interesting seeing all the different boats out with the calm conditions, my fav was this pontoon. IMG_2501.jpeg

can anyone help a beginner out here. Or at least tell me it’s been slow today/ yesterday. Long time lurker on the thread. I launch at Rocky and make it to Bowen the last few days (on
Vacay) haven’t had much luck Any tips,

I’ve been trolling west van at bottom 80ft with herring
Also trollin up Cowan to curtis at the 40-50 ft area

Swapping between spoons plugs and bait
Was a grind , a bit of seaweed.

not much luck not seeing many nets today
Conditions were nice

@urbanjigger go deeper at west van. Look for 200' of water and scrape the bottom. Look for action on your fish finder.

I'd also switch up the depths around roger curtis.. go deeper. Experiment around 50-120' on the DR.

Make sure to mix in hootchies (white glow are the go to).

Reports have been slow, so expect it to take some time when starting out.

w
@urbanjigger go deeper at west van. Look for 200' of water and scrape the bottom. Look for action on your fish finder.

I'd also switch up the depths around roger curtis.. go deeper. Experiment around 50-120' on the DR.

Make sure to mix in hootchies (white glow are the go to).

Reports have been slow, so expect it to take some time when starting out.
I’ll probably get out in a couple days before I go back to work.
Gives me a game plan, something to try. Thanks brotha

Maybe it's time to try a big Tomic and or (as someone has had success with) a large herring either in a rig or by itself. I have found the chinook on the West Van shoreline don't really show up until closer to the 2nd opening which is August 12th this year for 28-9.

Wo
Maybe it's time to try a big Tomic and or (as someone has had success with) a large herring either in a rig or by itself. I have found the chinook on the West Van shoreline don't really show up until closer to the 2nd opening which is August 12th this year for 28-9.
Worth a try. My trip the last two days was a circuit, and the only keeper came on a mag lip plug. I did get a couple of hits by bigger fish, but found my go to spoon was just not working like last year.

Wo

Worth a try. My trip the last two days was a circuit, and the only keeper came on a mag lip plug. I did get a couple of hits by bigger fish, but found my go to spoon was just not working like last year.
I tried Gabriola, Entrance, Epsom and Gower.

Back