2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Ask a DFO officer. But I know they will not tell you, I have in the past and they can't figure it out either.
So true. My pops was a retired DFO officer, and I used to ask him about all this stuff and he just shook his head and told me he had no freaking clue how to read and interpret any of these notices. Hatchery coho it is!

We were at 28-6 early, for a few slow hours. Moved to Bowen and it was also slow, however the bite seemed to come on around 1-30. No keepers, a big chinook released by Apodaca Cove.

Whacked 4 75cm springs this morning 28-6
Using horse herring in anchovy helmets. Booked over to cowan and hit 3 hatch cohos right off the bat but died off after about 10:30
Home to cut fish and clean the blood off the boat by noon. Lifes good
I may be naive but what is a horse herring? I’m assuming a large one? Thx

IMG_0347.png
The old man and his commercial buddies always called these 6 per tray 7"-8",9"+ 'horse herring'
I fished all day the past two days and not a sniff on hoochies or spoons. Read a report last night of success on bait and brined up some herring and couldnt keep them off. We threw back two other slot fish before we boogied to cowan.. three doubles on the day all on big herring. Cohos we fished naked spoons and had 3 bing bang boom, then it died off at about 10:30 as mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.png
    IMG_0347.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 108959
The old man and his commercial buddies always called these 6 per tray 7"-8",9"+ 'horse herring'
I fished all day the past two days and not a sniff on hoochies or spoons. Read a report last night of success on bait and brined up some herring and couldnt keep them off. We threw back two other slot fish before we boogied to cowan.. three doubles on the day all on big herring. Cohos we fished naked spoons and had 3 bing bang boom, then it died off at about 10:30 as mentioned.
Mind if I ask how deep you were on the rigger?

Whacked 4 75cm springs this morning 28-6
Using horse herring in anchovy helmets. Booked over to cowan and hit 3 hatch cohos right off the bat but died off after about 10:30
Home to cut fish and clean the blood off the boat by noon. Lifes good

Started at Roger Curtis, few nice tacks at Worlcombe which looked promising, made the move over to Pt Atkinson down past fisheries and back, dropped in at the Bell on route home for 30 minutes
Well those are two wildly different reports. Odd.

Back