2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Did a very quick fish on my way home from Bowen yesterday. Dropped the lines @6pm at Cowan, fished for about 1 hour.
3 fish, but only 1 to the boat. All non target species. Seemed pretty productive for the short window I was out there.
All 3 on a white hootchie. Spoon didn't get touched.

Just wondering is it ok to drop prawn traps off South Bowen? I know it's legal but is it generally avoided because of the boats fishing there? Never tried the area before so wanted to make sure

Just wondering is it ok to drop prawn traps off South Bowen? I know it's legal but is it generally avoided because of the boats fishing there? Never tried the area before so wanted to make sure
I see them but there are tugs towing barges and log booms that go through there, so you could lose them.

Ye its totaly legal.

It's the tide & wind that will take your traps away. Its awsome prawning there if mother nature gives you a break. It drops off quikely Stay close to the edge.

I did a half day… Point Atkinson to half of South Bowen and grazed east Hump. 3 chinook released, 3 STRONG fish lost early in the fight. No coho. Tomorrow will cross the pond to look for coho and ling. Any reports from the other side?
Nanaimo feed has good reports off fingers. Last years it heated up before Bowen, right around this time. I’d be hitting Entrance or fingers.

Back