2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Picked up another wild coho on the troll across the trough to the hump. Then it was getting late and that strong wind that was in the forecast started up. So I left. I did see a snazzy blue Stabi Craft out there though. Maybe that's a member here?
Most of my hits today were on my flatline out the back with a plug.

Picked up another wild coho on the troll across the trough to the hump. Then it was getting late and that strong wind that was in the forecast started up. So I left. I did see a snazzy blue Stabi Craft out there though. Maybe that's a member here?
Think that Stabi is Stop Drop And Troll Adventures. On FB Friday he posted "Beautiful evening out here and the coho are biting hard tonight, building up for a big season opener. Tons of hatchery clipped fish and wilds as well . The depths we were lucky at were Gretzky and Lindross, hootches and wee G's were what we were serving." Other reports of good numbers at the hump and Bell Buoy.

Last edited:
What kind of plug was working for you? I love fishing plugs for chinook but haven’t tried them for coho.

Think that Stabi is Stop Drop And Troll Adventures. On FB Friday he posted "Beautiful evening out here and the coho are biting hard tonight, building up for a big season opener. Tons of hatchery clipped fish and wilds as well . The depths we were lucky at were Gretzky and Lindross, hootches and wee G's were what we were serving." Other reports of good numbers at the hump and Bell Buoy.

I wasn't fishing any deeper than 50'. Maybe I'll try that next time.

Spoon was an AP Herring in Neon Army Truck.
Great choice, my go-to finish in the AP line, 3" herring.

I was at Pt. Grey this morning, caught the tide change for a few hours, and left just as the howling winds were coming through with hard rain. One reel packed it in but it was so busy with just one set up that it wasn't missed. Kept one side clear to handle the catch, gaff release etc. Similar ratio to SE Bowen, a few coho hits, lots of chinook hits, no keepers. The further away from the Bell towards Pt Grey/North Arm, the better the action. Reminded me of how good that area used to be in the late summer when the run would start.

Great choice, my go-to finish in the AP line, 3" herring.

I was at Pt. Grey this morning, caught the tide change for a few hours, and left just as the howling winds were coming through with hard rain. One reel packed it in but it was so busy with just one set up that it wasn't missed. Kept one side clear to handle the catch, gaff release etc. Similar ratio to SE Bowen, a few coho hits, lots of chinook hits, no keepers. The further away from the Bell towards Pt Grey/North Arm, the better the action. Reminded me of how good that area used to be in the late summer when the run would start.
That's sounds like a good time. Every fish for me is a rodeo with a manual downrigger. Luckily my trusty 3" AP Herring is strong enough that I could pull the coho over the rail by grabbing it last year. Too much going on....forget the net. Grab the spoon.

That's sounds like a good time. Every fish for me is a rodeo with a manual downrigger. Luckily my trusty 3" AP Herring is strong enough that I could pull the coho over the rail by grabbing it last year. Too much going on....forget the net. Grab the spoon.
Exactly, the stainless spoons are very strong and will not bend out of shape. 50 lb test on my coho hoochies, grab the flasher and lift them in.

me and a buddy were out fishing the hump area for coho yesterday good action we got into 20 coho kept one hatchery lots of wilds and lost a few action slowed down a bit so we trolled the trough area we released 6 beautiful chrome springs 11-14 lbers all wilds was a good day went back and grabbed our crab traps had limits for four guys so we sifted thru and took the biggest ones had a few in there that were over 7 inches across westcoat tackle green glow flashers worked awesome productive depths were 64 and 70 feet on the riggers

Well I've never had a day like today.

Fishing South Bowen from Cowan's Point to Roger Curtis and back in the morning. The chinook hits kept coming! I was fishing solo and was kept busy the whole time, including having a double header right at Cowans Point at the start around 07:30hrs made more interesting with the wind blowing me towards shore.

Ended up fishing for around 5hrs with at least 15 chinook to the boat, one hatchery coho, and several coho lost at the surface near the boat. I wish fishing was like this more often!!

Back