The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

its not bad 1.58 per liter = 7.18 per gallon at 3 miles per gallon
thats 18 miles across approx or 6 gallons X 7.18 = 43.08 per x-ing
86.16 return just to cross, then you got the trolling
so a day at thrasher 100.00
Hooking some "VI" fish...........................................................Priceless

I just bought at the fuel warf at Mosquito and before my "2.060% preferred" discount it was 1.481/lt

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you want to check your figures because I am somewhat familiar with your rigs economy and know the distances involved.. I would like to see you leave the marina with 100 bucks and no more in your fuel tank. I'm pretty sure after a days fishing, Moving spots West towards Nanaimo
At least once and you'll have the paddles out long before you get half way back across the strait.

its not bad 1.58 per liter = 7.18 per gallon at 3 miles per gallon
thats 18 miles across approx or 6 gallons X 7.18 = 43.08 per x-ing
86.16 return just to cross, then you got the trolling
so a day at thrasher 100.00
Hooking some "VI" fish...........................................................Priceless

I just bought at the fuel warf at Mosquito and before my "2.060% preferred" discount it was 1.481/lt

I think you want to check your figures because I am somewhat familiar with your rigs economy and know the distances involved.. I would like to see you leave the marina with 100 bucks and no more in your fuel tank. I'm pretty sure after a days fishing, Moving spots West towards Nanaimo
At least once and you'll have the paddles out long before you get half way back across the strait.

Hey FA, don't get me wrong it was meant as more of a joke for the VI guys,
those numbers would be under ideal conditions of course minimal wind and wave, I figure thats what I do is about 3 MPG
I have logged 60 gps miles on my new HDS-10 I started with full tanks and just topped it off saturday with 88.47 liters
so according to that its about 3mpg, now that also includes trolling time as I draw off the main as well.
so your probably right I am out a bit,
But you know what its all good I don't mind the cost its worth it to me,
if I did I wouldnt own a boat:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gidyup,

I have a 22 footer with the fuel injected 4.3 and that is exactly what it burns.I have a lot of guys that don't believe it, its a great motor and about 120 lbs lighter than a small block. I got a 4 blade and had a small cup put in and cruising at 3600 r.p.m. I get 30 m.p.h. on rippled water and 28 m.p.h. if its smooth. I also take everything out of the boat that is not needed .

Didn't worry about dropping 100-200 at the bar when I was a young man, so now that I am a old fart I sure don't worry about the 150.00 I spend to take my Sriper (Not Stripper) over to the rock to catch some salmon.
Last time I went over cost me $150 return from the North Arm. Didn't catch a thing but it was a great day and the first time I had a chance to run accross with my 21' Striper with a 200HP Ocean Pro ...... and I even got to go to silva bay for gas.
Next trip I'll catch a big one and it will be one of those "Perfect Days" we have as west coast fishermans ,

Hey Max,
I think I saw you on saturday there out front of west van
I'm pretty much the same 3500rpm/30mph with a 3 blade and carburated
and I thought that was pretty darn good, its a pretty heavy boat as well

Thanks for the info guys on distance to thrasher. gonna make my 1st trip over saturday to fish it. figured it would be about 100-150 gas.
I'm at skyline marina so maybe i'll top up out and top up in and see for sure.
Also saw this report and that i'd put it up
VANCOUVER FISHING REPORT:June 20th

The Chinook fishery at Gulf Island is still fishing well.Gabriola Island and Trasher rock have been producing fish at depths of 150 and 100 feet fishing the ebbing tide and flood tide.If you want to stay close to home south of Bowen and hole in the wall have been producing chinooks as well.The lures of choice are speckle back hootchie,coyote spoons green and glow and anchovies.I have been fishing every week and still hooking fish on Tomic plugs fishing depths of 150ft in 1000ft of water.The also has been some reports of fish getting caught at bell buoy and the Hump.The Vancouver Harbour by the Cap has some early cohos.Majority of these fish are in the 2lb-4lb range with the odd big one mixed in. The major run should be here soon as well as the pinks.If you like to fly fish for salmon off the beach please come in and talk in person for more in depth conversation about tackle and techniques.

HAPPY FISHING,

ANDRE

Fished Thrasher again yesterday. The weather was perfect. Calm waters, sunny skies and a nice 16lb spring in the boat! Also managed a decent ling and a few dog fish bottom fishing. I released the bottom fish.

Caught the spring in about 240' water at 120' on the down rigger. Green flasher and whole herring with a single barbless hook. Lost one other fish, reeled up half a herring and a missing hook.

Heading out again today for some catch and release. Bringing a buddy that has never caught a spring so hopefully we get lucky.

Cheers

anyone heading out this weekend? I'll be out sunday and probably monday
havent decided where yet

Fished Howe Sound today. Managed a 14 pound Spring on a choive/flasher combo. Had two other hits on same rig. All on the flood. A limit of crabs and some prawns rounded out the day.

Hey Cohochinook, thanks for the report have heard of a few in the sound this week,
esp around hole in the wall and a few around defence
might be worth looking into

Hey Cohochinook, thanks for the report have heard of a few in the sound this week,
esp around hole in the wall and a few around defence
might be worth looking into

It wasn't red hot fishing, but good to get one on the Mainland side! Hopefully things will continue to improve.

Was able to get out today and enjoy the nice weather. Was out on the water by 6:00am. Fished the Bell Buoy for a bit then headed over to ambleside and fished the mouth of the cap. A few boats out fishing the mouth of the cap but saw no fish. Ended up getting a good haul of crab to finish off the day. Was using spoons and hootchies.

Was over in the gulf islands for the weekend. Had several rookies on board but got into some nice fish on the east side of Valdez and Galiano. biggest was a 20 but several others in the teens and a few long line releases. All caught on chovies.

Saturday was decent off the east side of Gabriola....Sunday had it much slower. Those fishing in the Vancouver area reported...bubkas. Looking forward to next weekend! :)

Fished the bell to the first mile marker through the low slack, then crossed over to the QB, to the Pink Palace and finished at the Cap. Had 4 rods down with various set ups including bait in a green glo, glo uglies , big uglies, spoons, and trolled them slow and fast up and down. No hits . Ripped out to the QA and trolled into the bell saw one jumper about half way and got excited for about 3 minutes . No fish but very nice day for a boat ride. No body will buy Trophy Wife so may take her over to sooke and leave it there and fish for the weekend.

Hey Coho, thanks for the update, care to elaborate a little more??
area, depths?

Back