The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Give it a mullet,
Trim it up nice in the front and F@%K the back,
then go fishing

No, this is serious stuff like retaing wall and re grassing 2000 sq.ft. but got her done now. Once I hear of some fish around I'll be looking at going out.

No, this is serious stuff like retaing wall and re grassing 2000 sq.ft. but got her done now. Once I hear of some fish around I'll be looking at going out.
I hear ya max, I have a landscaped acre+ and it never ends you just get done at one end and its time to start at the other again. what was I thinking?

I fished around south Bowen for a while today without any action. It was rough as hell. I didn't feel confident making the run across. Anybody get anything? I talked to the creel counter at Vanier and he said nobody had brought anything in all morning. I might have to take up knitting if I don't catch a fish soon...

I fished around south Bowen for a while today without any action. It was rough as hell. I didn't feel confident making the run across. Anybody get anything? I talked to the creel counter at Vanier and he said nobody had brought anything in all morning. I might have to take up knitting if I don't catch a fish soon...

went over to thrasher, got one about 14 pounds about 10 AM right away, once we moved in. It was a little rough off Thrasher, didn't get a sniff after. Talked to a few others all got one or none. Don't know how some others did. I didn't find the crossing too bad.

Fished Thrasher Saturday...great day hooked 3 landed 2 ten pounders in 600 ft at 135 on the rigger cop car spoon

Thrasher Fun??

THRASHER!
Well after my buddy lost his cannon ball,kone zone rig in the 1st 10 min to his kicker prop. Then lost #2 to bad crimp job we thought of all kinds of new swearwords!! Tangles in seaweed,wind what a mess! Once everthing settled down we just drifted with the wind @ 2.5kn on a nice tack for an hour and a bit with a reward of a 13lb red. Gear up, back to the rock, and drifted again BAM 25lbder! After a couple more drifts the last big fight a 26lbder in the box! The ride back across was alot better then the morning until his motor through a fan belt over heating the motor at Stanley Park. Thanks to a good kicker we managed to get by cruiseships and the like to the dock! The fish sure made up for crazy day on the water!

Nice day fishallspec!!!

When you say you were of a "drift"....were you quite literally just jigging and letting the current/wind take you?

We were trolling just like we would be normally but there was no need to use the engine. It was really nice to have no noise while we were fishing. My buddies 24' Campion had just enough mass to keep our speed right around 2.5-3kn. Anchovies at 150' were the ticket.

We were trolling just like we would be normally but there was no need to use the engine. It was really nice to have no noise while we were fishing. My buddies 24' Campion had just enough mass to keep our speed right around 2.5-3kn. Anchovies at 150' were the ticket.

Gotcha......I wasn't sure if you just chose to drift and not so much "troll" because you had lost some "lead" in the early incidents of the day. ;)

Fished locally on Saturday and Sunday. I was blanked both days. Fished South Bowen, Up Howe Sound, West Van, etc. Red Jellies, White Jellies, Algae Blooms, Fraser Freshet....fun fishing in Vancouver right now! LOL. Welcome to Vancouver!

Fished locally on Saturday and Sunday. I was blanked both days. Fished South Bowen, Up Howe Sound, West Van, etc. Red Jellies, White Jellies, Algae Blooms, Fraser Freshet....fun fishing in Vancouver right now! LOL. Welcome to Vancouver!

Way to tell it like it is Fm. good on ya.
BTW I have a green and glow coyote of yours and I come to Van once in a while and will drop it off in north van if you like.

Unless you work in Boston you shouldn't be facing any of their fans. I don't get that,how can you be a fan of another city ? Its like cheering for Bin Laden.

Favourite Canucks

Here are my 2 favourite Canucks

user3137_pic4568_1308148887_thumbcanucksgirl.jpg

user3137_pic4569_1308148925_thumbcanucksgirl.jpg

Back