The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Last Sunday at Grande, 100ish depth in 200ish feet of water. Mark your plotter when you get a hit and go right back there.

Was out last weekend to crab off the ferry termnial in Tsawwassen. Decided to drop the lines in front of the coalports. Landed a nice 22lb at 40'. Also brought in a nice bunch of crab!

Was out last weekend to crab off the ferry termnial in Tsawwassen. Decided to drop the lines in front of the coalports. Landed a nice 22lb at 40'.
to bad its close for salmon there I hope you released it

Well going to head out in the AM, will start locally and see what happens, anyone fished up howe sound lately?
heard of a couple larger fish around hole in the wall in the last little bit anyone else hear anything??

Well going to head out in the AM, will start locally and see what happens, anyone fished up howe sound lately?
heard of a couple larger fish around hole in the wall in the last little bit anyone else hear anything??
Fishing up towards Gibsons has been reasonable for the past few weeks. Gower Point, inside the bar between Gibsons and Keats as well as Grace Islands have been producing fish anywhere between 80-160'. Quite a few fish taken in the high teens and low 20's.

Heading out now to drop the crab pot and try to find some green water out past the QA... will keep running until we're out of the Fraser's coffee spill, report back upon return!

Heading out now to drop the crab pot and try to find some green water out past the QA... will keep running until we're out of the Fraser's coffee spill, report back upon return!

Wear a lifejacket........I have seen you drive a boat.

No joy locally today, was kind of hard to do anything that friggen wind picked up early and sure limited things,
to rough for me to make a crossing too! we stuck it out for a couple hours then headed in
no joy in the traps either just a big starfish in each, but the gear is nice and clean.
all radio chatter was focused on thrasher again,
looks like the same forcast for tomorrow as well

Tough sledding at Thrasher today. NW winds made fishing hard work. Picked up hatch coho and small chinook. Released wild coho also and lost a chinook. Bigger winds called for tomorrow. Wait and see I guess. Talk was slow today for catching.

Eastpoint

15, 12 and 11 pounders taken from the South Bowen Area yesterday. 120 feet was the hot depth.

Sounds familiar. i was out for a couple hours first thing Saturday a.m. and kept a 12lb and lost one a few pounds larger off South Bowen. Both on anchovies at 120 ft on the downrigger dial

Sounds familiar. i was out for a couple hours first thing Saturday a.m. and kept a 12lb and lost one a few pounds larger off South Bowen. Both on anchovies at 120 ft on the downrigger dial

If there were more boats out yesterday I am sure fishing would have been more productive....it's all wide open water.

Launched @ Horseshoe Bay with devers this AM & headed to South Bowen.

A steady N/NW breeze kept things interesting lost one small Spring about 11# @ the boat caught on Anchovy @120' as per this board-Thanks for the info.

As the breeze freshened/made things really interesting we decamped over toward The Wall in Howe Sound where were had two more knockoffs @ 150' same bait but no glory.

All in all a stellar day with challenging sea conditions in the AM that we handled with pleasure and a smooth calm sunny afternoon with just enough happening to keep us interested.

Apart from a few small weed lines water was relatively clean with some algae but nothing remarkable-did see the a few jellies dredged up from the depths though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Launched @ Horseshoe Bay with devers this AM & headed to South Bowen.

A steady N/NW breeze kept things interesting lost one small Spring about 11# @ the boat caught on Anchovy @120' as per this board-Thanks for the info.

As the breeze freshened/made things really interesting we decamped over toward The Wall in Howe Sound where were had two more knockoffs @ 150' same bait but no glory.

All in all a stellar day with challenging sea conditions in the AM that we handled with pleasure and a smooth calm sunny afternoon with just enough happening to keep us interested.

Apart from a few small weed lines water was relatively clean with some algae but nothing remarkable-did see the a few jellies dredged up from the depths though.

Thanks for the report Dogbreath, sounds like a bumpy morning .

My excuse is my old lady is forcing me to do all the yard work that I promised 2 years ago. Anyone fishing ?

Back