The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Fished the east side of thrasher saturday morning caught a 11lb spring right at low tide 10am . 130ft deep with an anchovie, in 1200 ft of water

11lb and 14lb spring, east side of thrasher Sunday, low slack. 120' med herring, green teaser in 150' of water. About to BBQ the little guy..... Mmmmmmm

Pictures Pictures pictures??
did I mention pictures?

Pics of me, the fish, or the wife?

Fished Thrasher today, didn't fare so well....3 shots at fish, just 1 in the box about 12 pounds. I would like to congratulate one of my fellow guides for guiding a 38 lb Spring this afternoon from local Vancouver waters. Pics to follow on the website.

Fished Thrasher today, didn't fare so well....3 shots at fish, just 1 in the box about 12 pounds. I would like to congratulate one of my fellow guides for guiding a 38 lb Spring this afternoon from local Vancouver waters. Pics to follow on the website.

That's the one I realesed last Friday. New he wouldn't make it past the Soggy Bottom Boys.
What a freakin joke.:mad:

That's the one I realesed last Friday. New he wouldn't make it past the Soggy Bottom Boys.
What a freakin joke.:mad:

Wow Millertime! I do understand your frusteration. However, when I think of all the 30 plus pound slabs which get caught on the WCVI throughout the year, and this ONE fish was caught fair and square deep in legal waters in Vancouver and you've got your knickers in a knot...wow. VERY FEW of these big fish are caught where this fish was caught and it was totally unexpected and not targeted. If you look at all the fish taken out of the Fraser by Natives...now that's something to get angry about! Vancouver anglers do not target these fish at this time of year. The guest chose to keep his fish. That's the anglers and guests perogative.

The GUIDE tried to persuade the angler to let the fish go, to no avail. Unfortunate? Yes. However, if you really want to get excited....check out the HOG list taken from all the Charlottes lodges from May 15 to July 15..and you can't tell me those fish are all from healthy stocks.

If there's a fault here, it's the DFO, not the fisher.

Anyways, it is what it is and KUDOS to the guide for trying to get the guest to release it.

Wow Millertime! I do understand your frusteration. However, when I think of all the 30 plus pound slabs which get caught on the WCVI throughout the year, and this ONE fish was caught fair and square deep in legal waters in Vancouver and you've got your knickers in a knot...wow. VERY FEW of these big fish are caught where this fish was caught and it was totally unexpected and not targeted. If you look at all the fish taken out of the Fraser by Natives...now that's something to get angry about! Vancouver anglers do not target these fish at this time of year. The guest chose to keep his fish. That's the anglers and guests perogative.

The GUIDE tried to persuade the angler to let the fish go, to no avail. Unfortunate? Yes. However, if you really want to get excited....check out the HOG list taken from all the Charlottes lodges from May 15 to July 15..and you can't tell me those fish are all from healthy stocks.

If there's a fault here, it's the DFO, not the fisher.

Anyways, it is what it is and KUDOS to the guide for trying to get the guest to release it.
Not mad at anyone except DFO.:)

Where were you today, Pip?

At the Grande.....we lost 2 on a glow cop car spoon....but all 5 that came aboard were on bait in the ~100' range in 200ish feet of water. We picked them all up within about 250 meters of each other....marked the spot when the first hit and kept getting them right in the same spot.

I took my New to me boat on its first salmon trip, we stayed at the south end of Bowen and brought a nice one on board. We were using a Disco flasher with a Army Truck Hoothie at 120'. The Salmon was stuffed full of feed.
397009671.jpg

397009661.jpg

392606351.jpg

Nice Sea Morgan, only Vancouver fishermen have the skill to catch a fish like that when only a few around. The boat looks great,congrats.

Fish.

Here is the fish, wife to follow.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 118
Back