2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

After a few different methods I’m sold on a 4/0 single in the body of the bait and a 2/0 single trailing hook. Wild coho been hammering the bait this year, easier to release. Although 80% of the time they hook up on the trailing hook.
Thanks guys. On advice of local bait shop had switched over to a single 3/0 trailing treble and just weren't getting the fish to stick last time out. Going to switch back to two single hooks.

Last edited:
More of the same report from me at Sandheads. A bit Windy and lumpy. A smidge colder than the last few weeks. Have not seen much happening on the other many many boats. But on a More positive note the green slimy weed on the swivels is keeping it interesting / eventful. It makes a nice change !
Will have to guts it out for the afternoon flood I guess.

More of the same report from me at Sandheads. A bit Windy and lumpy. A smidge colder than the last few weeks. Have not seen much happening on the other many many boats. But on a More positive note the green slimy weed on the swivels is keeping it interesting / eventful. It makes a nice change !
For sure, we were in fall/winter clothing yesterday. Plus rain gear later for the ride home in the wet.
Doing the guide boat tack across the green can was productive for us, plus at days end we trolled towards T10 close to the depth change, and had many hits.

Last edited:
3 hrs in at SH. One juvenile on a spoon. Otherwise had 3 hits on bait but nothing has stuck.

Seems to be mostly coho being caught around us. Or very small springs am getting bashed.

3 hrs in at SH. One juvenile on a spoon. Otherwise had 3 hits on bait but nothing has stuck.

Seems to be mostly coho being caught around us. Or very small springs am getting bashed.
After that orca party yesterday and the rain last night, it’s not a big surprise. Bite may still turn on around the slack tide tho.

It turned on for 12.30-2 put a couple
Of chinooks in the boat and realeased 3. Kept a big beauty coho. 4 double headers with wild coho and smaller chinooks.

I even saw an island guide on tv showing that setup on hoochies
if that is the one I am thinking of he was running 3 trebles! 🤣

I even saw an island guide on tv showing that setup on hoochies
Cooper did a video on catch and releasing coho, it was on here for a while, he was using trebles and some of the releases were a bit brutal, all his followers were raving about his great video, couldn't believe it so I eventually chimed in with a bit of rant on him using trebles yada yada, that thread wound down pretty damned quick, honestly it was disgusting to see imho.

Cap...I hate the cap and it hates me right back. Sfa from 315 to 445 then a lazy spring bite until it sees the boat and spazzes out. I simply could not get this sping to tire out and he wouldn't go for a run. Towed him around for at least 10 mins then a few flips and bye bye. The only nibble of the day and yep, bait. Good times!

Lots of big wild hos. Lost 4 released 3 and as said earlier turned on 12 to 230
Mid to upper flood. Turned out to be a great day weather wise. Was expecting the worst. 15 to 20 knot warning to come over night winds increasing throughout the day predicted with the posability
Of water spouts to form...

Back