2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Thanks to @pescador For the reports earlier. Got the wife out with me this afternoon. Couldn't convince the kids. Lines down around 5 pm to 730pm.

Anchovy one side and herring the other. 60/69. Started with hatchery coho on the chovy. Then the herring picked up a 20 that the wife brought in. Released a smaller coho and a jack Chinook.

The another Chinook hits the anchovy. I hand it to the wife and as I'm handing the rod the herring gets smoked. Two Chinook on and each went the opposite direction. I grabbed the net and tried netting the wife's on the opposite side of the boat cause mine had been pulling the other waym then all of a sudden I glanced over my shoulder. My rod was being pulled under the boat. I ran back and pulled him out from under the boat but then it dove right into the Canon ball.... I watched it wrap up doing death rolls and then just snapped off. Then hurried back to the wife's side to net hers. 1 for 2 on the double up.

Trolled a bit more before another herring hook up. Got it near the boat but my wife was trying to get cellphone video moreso than net. So all of a sudden the fish went on another run... or so I thought. Then the run just kept going. Then I realized I was onto something bigger. Then I saw it a couple hundred yards away. SEALION. Quite a long tug of war.... but I lost.

That was it though. Great evening lots of action. A couple tiny shakers.

Plenty of fish out there! Go get em.

Attachments

• 20240912_180656.jpg
    20240912_180656.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 20240912_181858.jpg
    20240912_181858.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 20240912_204154.jpg
    20240912_204154.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 188
Thanks to @pescador For the reports earlier. Got the wife out with me this afternoon. Couldn't convince the kids. Lines down around 5 pm to 730pm.

Anchovy one side and herring the other. 60/69. Started with hatchery coho on the chovy. Then the herring picked up a 20 that the wife brought in. Released a smaller coho and a jack Chinook.

The another Chinook hits the anchovy. I hand it to the wife and as I'm handing the rod the herring gets smoked. Two Chinook on and each went the opposite direction. I grabbed the net and tried netting the wife's on the opposite side of the boat cause mine had been pulling the other waym then all of a sudden I glanced over my shoulder. My rod was being pulled under the boat. I ran back and pulled him out from under the boat but then it dove right into the Canon ball.... I watched it wrap up doing death rolls and then just snapped off. Then hurried back to the wife's side to net hers. 1 for 2 on the double up.

Trolled a bit more before another herring hook up. Got it near the boat but my wife was trying to get cellphone video moreso than net. So all of a sudden the fish went on another run... or so I thought. Then the run just kept going. Then I realized I was onto something bigger. Then I saw it a couple hundred yards away. SEALION. Quite a long tug of war.... but I lost.

That was it though. Great evening lots of action. A couple tiny shakers.

Plenty of fish out there! Go get em.
Huge smiles all around, looks great.

Anyone have a net for sale at T10?

We ended up with 2 teens in the boat, lost 5 and released 2 wild cohos. Anchovy got the most bites. Herring got the biggest bigger fish. 55 and 62 in 250 FOW closer to the green can. Orcas were everywhere on the way back to the harbor. Saw groups of them between SH and T10, west of the NA jetty and right by the bell. Could take a couple of good tides for a fresh wave of fish to arrive.

Back