2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Today, sandheads. First bite broke the main line. Anyone dredges up a chrome herring aid flasher with matching teaser head, I hope the fish was still on. Keep the combo, I hope it brings luck. Three hard fighting chinook, one each, white, marble, and red, and a bonus hatchery ho. Every bite on anchovy ( not trying to join the debate, just reporting) at 65 on the rigger, 300 fow+. Not even a shaker on a white hoochy or the skinny g at 40 60 & 80. Back and forth across the river mouth. Timed out at 1230. Great day to introduce a first timer to fishing. Cheers

Attachments

• 20240911_131118_HDR.jpg
    20240911_131118_HDR.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 119
Did a long shift today from first light to late afternoon. Im too cheap for bait and the glow hoochie won the day for us between 60 and 90 in 200 to 450' of water. The morning was pretty good although off and on by noon we had a 15lb red, a 15lb white, 3 more smaller red and whites that I didnt weigh and a chunky hatch coho....also lost a few. Then it seemed like the sun came out the water got glassy and everything stopped...we did get the ocasional wild coho to keep us intersted but mostly washing gear and getting a tan.

Awesome day not working👍

Attachments

• 20240911_140015.jpg
    20240911_140015.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 56
Today, sandheads. First bite broke the main line. Anyone dredges up a chrome herring aid flasher with matching teaser head, I hope the fish was still on. Keep the combo, I hope it brings luck. Three hard fighting chinook, one each, white, marble, and red, and a bonus hatchery ho. Every bite on anchovy ( not trying to join the debate, just reporting) at 65 on the rigger, 300 fow+. Not even a shaker on a white hoochy or the skinny g at 40 60 & 80. Back and forth across the river mouth. Timed out at 1230. Great day to introduce a first timer to fishing. Cheers
I really wish less people would go back and forth across the river mouth. Most have yet to figure out that's not the preferred tack in that spot.

Edit: I'll just tell you in case you didn't know. North of the Green can, do a North South tack. South of the Green can (in front of the mouth) do an East West tack. Your gear will get less tangled and the guides will appreciate you not broadsiding them all day.

Someone should also tell that commercial crabber to just chill the F out for a couple weeks and keep his gear out of the way too! Lol

Last edited:
I really wish less people would go back and forth across the river mouth. Most have yet to figure out that's not the preferred tack in that spot.

Edit: I'll just tell you in case you didn't know. North of the Green can, do a North South tack. South of the Green can (in front of the mouth) do an East West tack. Your gear will get less tangled and the guides will appreciate you not broadsiding them all day.

Someone should also tell that commercial crabber to just chill the F out for a couple weeks and keep his gear out of the way too! Lol
Very few boats anywhere near where I was fishing. I m into a more relaxed tack away from the crowd. Were you breaking in the floating condo?

Very few boats anywhere near where I was fishing. I m into a more relaxed tack away from the crowd. Were you breaking in the floating condo?
Not yet! Hopefully by the 20th

I agree when the fish are stacked up it's way nicer away from the pack.

Also, the commader was a condo. This thing is more like a sexy hotel room.

I dunno, it was pretty hilarious watching him blow through the fleet dropping a set🤣

Not yet! Hopefully by the 20th

I agree when the fish are stacked up it's way nicer away from the pack.

Also, the commader was a condo. This thing is more like a sexy hotel room.
U slummin at sh or stickin way north closer to home... asking for a friend to keep and eye out.. 😆

anyone with a real time report of the winds at S/H before i make a run windy has not been that great for me and suppose to be 10-15 which is a bit much for a long run for me in the 15' DE from Gibsons

Back