2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I fished hard all day yesterday. T10 till 1100 with only Ho’s. Lots of Ho’s, wild and clipped. At 1100 I decided to troll down to SH and followed the wind and waves making it and easy cruise. Hung around SH the rest of the day and got dick initially. Watched DFO board several boats……then at 3 pm bang….a nice 18lb white with a hell of a fight. Landed it and 5 minutes later another Spring. 44 feet all on Chovy. Anybody else finding your main line is s twisting like it’s never done. I can’t believe the amount of line twist.
I’m finding excessive line twist as well. Glad we are fishing shallow. Easy to untwist before putting rods away.

Hopefully people are enjoying the fishing but also using common sense and showing some respect to the commercial traffic near Sand Heads. It sounded like a disaster on the radio.

Hopefully people are enjoying the fishing but also using common sense and showing some respect to the commercial traffic near Sand Heads. It sounded like a disaster on the radio.
Apparently some guy almost sunk his 14’ Legend and had to get rescued. Sounded like a shitshow out there

You know yesterday I noticed the Seaspan transporter came into the initial group of guys fishing on the fringes off SH …….slowed right down for 2 minutes then chugged thru. I thought it was a class act and gave guys time to get the hell outta the way.

Fished with Pacific Angler today. Our guide Josh was great. Started at 10 at about 7:30 fished till about 9 and the orcas showed up and stayed so we moved to Tunstall. Hooked up in the drop but lost the fish. Caught 7 coho off Roger Curtis including one that just have been over ten pounds,all wild. Finished the day at the CAP as the orcas were still at T10. Saw a humpback breach at the bell on the way by. Awesome day on the water. It was rough to start but was better later in the day.

We toughed it out in the afternoon slop at SH. Steady action, even played tug with a seal, then a seagull! All on the smaller side today. 3 Reds, 2 Whites and 1 Marble.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 152
Had a great day out at Sandheads on the Salty Paws. One side had a Tomic plug and I ran a home made spoon that always seems to produce even though the guys give me an unreasonable amount of grief.

We ended up with a nice Chinook and a clipped coho on the homemade job and a chinook on the Tomic. Lots of misses for both rods and ya it was a workout with the waves.

Attachments

• IMG_7360.jpeg
    IMG_7360.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_7365.jpeg
    IMG_7365.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7326.jpeg
    IMG_7326.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 203
Was definitely lumpy this morning, boxed 5 springs and a hatch coho before we had a puker. When into Steveston for a good brunch, spent too much at PnT (this location is way too convenient) and then got out late afternoon to round out or spring limit for 4. 45, 55 and 65 for 3 rods which all caught fish. Biggest was 92cm which came after we were limited went back for another day. Great day!

Attachments

• Resized_20240907_093624.jpeg
    Resized_20240907_093624.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 144
Do the whale watchers use any specific radio channel or how’s a guy get intel on if they are around? May go for a ponder in the am if they are around.

Had a great day out at Sandheads on the Salty Paws. One side had a Tomic plug and I ran a home made spoon that always seems to produce even though the guys give me an unreasonable amount of grief.

We ended up with a nice Chinook and a clipped coho on the homemade job and a chinook on the Tomic. Lots of misses for both rods and ya it was a workout with the waves.
I respect your spoon game!

Nice job on your spoons !!

Eel grass hasn’t been an issue. I only use ball bearing terminal gear on my set up’s. I think excessive main line twist is being caused by the extreme currents in the water and tides. It’s like I’ve never seen before. I’ve been out there 100’s of times. I’ve decided based on Pacific Anglers input to add an addition bead chain on the main line as well and lube everything. The twist has been running up my main line 50 ft. I’ll see if the changes help Tuesday.

Back