2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Started at SH around 8 and found a nice crab line with my rigger. Untangled that mess and got a nice 20lb red doe on herring at 71 on the wire. Then nothing for a while until a double header (fishing solo) that got me a nice big wild (released), on herring at 71 and a nice hatch doe 51 ft (smaller) on a glow white hootchie. Got a smaller white to end the day. Nice spring and coho roe haul as well.

Are you in a valco looking aluminum boat? Noticed quite the predicament involving a crab pot.

We fished from 1030-530pm and got out limit of 6 at SH. There was a big lull in action and then it was absolutely on fire for the last hour. 75' on the DR and medium anchovies. They definitely preferred this flasher.

1725857849415.png

Are you in a valco looking aluminum boat? Noticed quite the predicament involving a crab pot.

We fished from 1030-530pm and got out limit of 6 at SH. There was a big lull in action and then it was absolutely on fire for the last hour. 75' on the DR and medium anchovies. They definitely preferred this flasher.

View attachment 110440
That’s the flasher we got all our fish with on opening day.

View attachment 110440
What teaser head did you have with it Thanks

Fished 7:30-10:00 at Tango 10, anchovies and spoons, bit of a dead zone. Ran to Sand Heads, hits within minutes, 8 to the boat, we kept 2 between three licenses. Fished til 2:30. All hits were hoochies and spoons, most were on shiny, flashy gear. Caught what appeared to be a hybrid chinoho, released, as it was 50-50, looked close to 62cm’s though. The wild coho are very sporty, wish we could retain one a day at least. Water conditions and temperature were really nice. I love living here.

image000000.jpeg

Last edited:
Hit sandheads yesterday afternoon, pretty slow for the first few hours, a few single nets out here and there, looked like a few single coho’s being caught, then after the tide change it’s like someone turned the switch on and it was on fire! there was no safe place for my herring

Attachments

• IMG_2637.jpeg
    IMG_2637.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 87

View attachment 110440
I’ll have to grab one. I got all my fish yesterday running a no bananas flasher with a bloody nose glow teaser head. Ran the same teaser head on the other side at a similar depth but with a bunch of different flashers and didn’t get a single bite. It was weird.

Been saying it for years.. Fishing is scam. If the fish are there, and you put something that reasonably resembles food in front of their face, it'll probably bite.
Green vs. chartreuse vs. chovy/spoon/hoochie vs. UV/glow vs. moon jelly vs blah blah blah.. makes no statistically significant difference in this Sandheads fishery. Right place right time > presentation.
The one thing I'll subscribe to is timing of tides. This is a flood fishery.
Open to be convinced otherwise!

Out 12-5 yesterday, first time fishing the fraser mouth. Started at T-10 nothing but a big beautiful wild coho that went back. Moved to Sandheads and was one of those days everyone around us was catching fish and couldn't get a bite to save our lives. Tried anchovies, hoochies, Spoons at all different depths and speeds with just one undersized feeder spring. Wasn't until I put the ugliest spoon in the tackle box down that we hooked a nice one. Went to pop it off clip but fish decided it was gonna take off at the same time, snapped rod in 2 places. Somehow stayed on and managed to get a nice shiny 15lb white spring in the boat with a 1 ft long rod. That was it for us.

Back