2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Did the morning shift at Sandheads today from 7-11 am managed to get three chinooks and one hatch coho , don’t usually fish south of the red bell but got pushed down that way while dealing with a down rigger issue , as it turned out we got lucky and got all our fish down that way …seemed to be a lot of marks on the sounder too
Couple of big wild coho in the mix aswell
White hooch out performed the bait again today for us , got some good hits on the bait but they we gone before we got to the rod or long line releases

Anyone at sandheads this morning? Wondering what conditions are like.

Very lumpy out there, and will get worse when the ebb comes on after 9am. 0.64m is pretty unpleasant. Was out there yesterday in half the swell and it was borderline at times on the ebb. Got a lot better on the flood.

IMG_3851.pngIMG_3850.png

Fished SH yesterday 8-12. Started with a flashfly on one side and a chovie on the other. The bait wasn't down 5 mins and we got a hit... after a good fight landed a nice bright 15lb chinook. With the fish put away, I go to bring up the down rigger and nothing! Checked all the fuses, connections and the plug, everything seemed fine, so we came to the conclusion that it was the switch. We have a spare but left the toolbox at home.... ugh. Got another spring on the flashfly. We stacked rods on one down rigger for a bit and got a double header of wild coho. I don't really like stacking, so I convinced my buddy to try one rod with bait for a bit. We ended up fishing the one rod, and hand cranking up the cannonball the rest of the day. Landed 3 more springs and lost another 2. 3 reds and 2 whites for the day, fishing most of the time with one rod.

Fished SH yesterday 8-12. Started with a flashfly on one side and a chovie on the other. The bait wasn't down 5 mins and we got a hit... after a good fight landed a nice bright 15lb chinook. With the fish put away, I go to bring up the down rigger and nothing! Checked all the fuses, connections and the plug, everything seemed fine, so we came to the conclusion that it was the switch. We have a spare but left the toolbox at home.... ugh. Got another spring on the flashfly. We stacked rods on one down rigger for a bit and got a double header of wild coho. I don't really like stacking, so I convinced my buddy to try one rod with bait for a bit. We ended up fishing the one rod, and hand cranking up the cannonball the rest of the day. Landed 3 more springs and lost another 2. 3 reds and 2 whites for the day, fishing most of the time with one rod.
How deep??

I fished hard all day yesterday. T10 till 1100 with only Ho’s. Lots of Ho’s, wild and clipped. At 1100 I decided to troll down to SH and followed the wind and waves making it and easy cruise. Hung around SH the rest of the day and got dick initially. Watched DFO board several boats……then at 3 pm bang….a nice 18lb white with a hell of a fight. Landed it and 5 minutes later another Spring. 44 feet all on Chovy. Anybody else finding your main line is s twisting like it’s never done. I can’t believe the amount of line twist.

Back