2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

So am I correct in assuming we are waiting for an announcement for Sandheads September 1st and hoping that is going to be no slot restriction, no killer whale restriction area and retention of two a day? Or has this already been announced?
I have signed up on the app for receiving email announcements from them and haven't been receiving anything.
You can always call your favourite tackle shop and see what they say, as some also do charters and will be on top of the regs. Pacific Angler is a good example.

Been fishing WestVan/Atkinson from 7am to now (9:30); no bites, no nets out, slow AF. Nice out though!
I was out last night, 63' was the deepest I went to, I had 4 hits, lost one that was probably over the slot limit, 3 others were small that I let shake off at the back of the boat. Right near the lighthouse was where it all happened. Gorgeous, warm evening, came home at dusk with orange in the sky.

So if it's blowing 10 to 25 off of Sandheads on Sept 1st....what kind of swell are we looking at? I'm guessing that is a long fetch, and it will be rough.

I was out last night, 63' was the deepest I went to, I had 4 hits, lost one that was probably over the slot limit, 3 others were small that I let shake off at the back of the boat. Right near the lighthouse was where it all happened. Gorgeous, warm evening, came home at dusk with orange in the sky.
I think I saw you out there. I was in the white 17' whaler.

I got skunked. Was fishing a spoon on a dummy flasher 50-80ft and a white hoochie 70-120ft.

Were you running bait?

I think I saw you out there. I was in the white 17' whaler.

I got skunked. Was fishing a spoon on a dummy flasher 50-80ft and a white hoochie 70-120ft.

Were you running bait?
Was that you running the two-stroke? I was old-school, shiny spoons and shiny flashers because I wasn’t that deep.

So if it's blowing 10 to 25 off of Sandheads on Sept 1st....what kind of swell are we looking at? I'm guessing that is a long fetch, and it will be rough.
You also have a huge tide swing happening Sunday at the flood, and the currents in that area are crazy. Sometimes they magnify the situation, and other times they have a counter effect on each other. The former happens more than the latter, though.

So 10 to 25 knots is an epic difference. You can manage larger gusts going further off shore into the gulf but it's going to blow all the way down the straits and it will be the ***** over sustained 15 knots in my experience.

Saturday looks gross and I have to move the boat down from the Coast tomorrow. Might tap out and head off at first light Sunday.

Needless to say, I'll be there tho haha.

So 10 to 25 knots is an epic difference. You can manage larger gusts going further off shore into the gulf but it's going to blow all the way down the straits and it will be the ***** over sustained 15 knots in my experience.

Saturday looks gross and I have to move the boat down from the Coast tomorrow. Might tap out and head off at first light Sunday.

Needless to say, I'll be there tho haha.
Sunday's forecast is 8-10 knots NW

Back