What's for dinner tonight ?

Pizza and Beer Friday

I had not ordered from IL Greco pizza in Victoria for a while, so I went on line and checked out the menu.
Buy any two large pizzas and get a Med with three toping free and 10% off for pick up. $45

Order two large and a Med and some wings ($16). Wings are not that good, over cooked and small.
The pizzas were great. There were three of us and all we could eat was the wings and one L pizzas.

I would recommend them for Pizza.

Attachments

• Pizza.jpg
    Pizza.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 33
  • large 14 inch Greco.jpg
    large 14 inch Greco.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 34
Here's my rant today
It's frustrating trying to find a good AAA strip loin.
Tried thriftys, save on, Quality foods, Red Barn.
All have a thick band of gristle through the steak.
Have tried marinating ,jaccarding the meat, to no avail.
The beef in the US seems to be better quality than what we get here in Canada.

Here's my rant today
It's frustrating trying to find a good AAA strip loin.
Tried thriftys, save on, Quality foods, Red Barn.
All have a thick band of gristle through the steak.
Have tried marinating ,jaccarding the meat, to no avail.
The beef in the US seems to be better quality than what we get here in Canada.
A friend told me he went to Slater's Meats Victoria a few days ago and purchased steaks.
Not cheap but the best he has ever had.
I have never gone there, so I hope someone else on the form can comment.

a8RuMOY.jpeg

A friend told me he went to Slater's Meats Victoria a few days ago and purchased steaks.
Not cheap but the best he has ever had.
I have never gone there, so I hope someone else on the form can comment.
Have to go early when shelf is full to dig out a few reasonable ones it’s worth it

did not know where to post this. It is a promotion for a new thermoworks product but the tips for smoking brisket might be of use to some of you

On the menu at last night's meeting of the peas amd chardonnay club: seared albacore loin with a sesame poppy lime crust. And a little Sriracha mayo and garlic lime mayo for interest.

20240803_190718.jpg

IMG_2636.jpegJust got home from a long range trip to the isla tres Marias out of La Cruz , Nayarit . Absolutely bonkers fishing on 60 - 130 lb grade yellowfin tuna . Brought home 200 lbs of the finest sushi grade ahi you could imagine .

Tostada with lime+salt dressed smashed avocado , scallion , cilantro , shaved white onion , jalapeño , with a sesame ponzu sauce over top . The flavour profile and texture is insane

Attachments

• IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 7
Back