What's for dinner tonight ?

BarBee'd local farm sourced pork ribs, fettuccine alfredo with a sprinkle of three cheese on top, a mix of garlic scapes and spare gooses - all washed down with a rather good Merlot:

r4tfdck.jpeg

Went to a Mexican potluck dinner last night at Stosh place’
I made rib meat and Chicken Flautas and topped with sauce and cilantro after drying.
Stoch wife made a Quesadilla bloom, which were displayed beautifully and the quesadillas were very tasty.
Other brought fish tacos, burritos, chili…... and we ended up with a Tuxedo cake with strawberry and whip cream.

Great way to end up Canada Day with a great meal with lots of variety, good BSing and laughs.

Attachments

• Quesadilla Bloom.jpg
    Quesadilla Bloom.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Flautas on drying rake.jpg
    Flautas on drying rake.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 29
Got into a huge cloud of tiny herring over a hump yesterday. Seas were calm so it was easy to see black rockfish finning and slashing. Got out the tiny trout rod and played with them for a bit as a humpback circled and chowed on the bait.
Anyway, a 20 lb ling rode up on one.
Here are her collars in a miso soya marinade on the barby. I used the garden clippers to trim off the pectorals. Japanesy slaw with first cabbage of from the garden.

IMG_20240711_183254751.jpg

I saw a hack on the Internet for deboning salmon steaks and wrapping them into medallions. The butcher twine was my idea. To be honest, to fully remove the bones that go right to the back, you pretty much have to split the salmon steak, but I stopped just short of that. I have not cooked them yet, but I will try it and see how it turns out. Pan fry, oven, or barbecue to be determined. The coho certainly have a nice presentation to them done this way.

IMG_0625.jpegIMG_0624.jpeg

Back