The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Nice Fish there Sir-vivor, nice looking boat in your avitar also,
when was that fish caught?
Tim

Got it Sunday May 15th at about 11am , hour before low tide.

The avatar is my "New to me Boat" 21' Seaswirl Striper WA with 200HP Ocean Pro and 9.9HP 4stroke , if you see me out there give me a hollar on 88a , I usually fish thur and fri , my days off . Going to go to Thrasher if its still hot this thur or fri forsure !

Last edited by a moderator:
nice!!
going to head out tomorrow am and fish this side for awhile and see what happens,might wander over that way if the weather cooperates later

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen to 88, we heard they were catching at the Grande and we wandered over and nailed a bigger one as soon as the lines went down. This time I got them on the bigger chovies at 120 ft .

I'm gonna give south bowen a try first and see, maybe see you out there
Tim

Yup, that's where they were today....pretty scattered results over there today.

We fished Thrasher again today. Boated three upto 17lbs. Lost some too Had one snap off while we were is cabin for a while to get out if sun. Rod was staight up, Line was popped off down rigger and then it broke the barrel swivel. We really missed that hit. Fishing was best around 2pm to 5pm again. Splatter Back Green hootchie at 129' and glogreen spoon at 162' worked for us. Weather was aswome today Sunny and calm. Wind did come up a bit later. Check weather, probably worth going if you have time tomorrow.

We had fun

East point

Thanks for the info F.M. , I will decide in the morning. I love fishing the hump and Bowen area but Thrasher was insane the other day. Are the guides still going over ?

Yep, we're still headed over....however...forgoing the local opportunities for the possibility of gangbuster days such as those of a week ago is the draw and incentive.

OMG..I just noticed...this thread is a STICKY now? HOLY CATFISH! LOL.

Can you guys stop whining now........ It's sticky

943198618d1263840017-no-console-bad-company-2-facepalm_implied.jpg

;)

We may not have fish but we have some things on this of the water. ;)

I wasn't able to make it out today but would like to hear how everyone made out locally.

Lets just say it was a nice day for a boat ride, had a couple big hits but that waas it for me.
lots of boats out alright enough but didnt see any action or hear of any locally,
heard radio chatter of 3 in the 20's in half hour off the rock and a couple others off the waterfall area

Lets just say it was a nice day for a boat ride, had a couple big hits but that waas it for me.
lots of boats out alright enough but didnt see any action or hear of any locally,
heard radio chatter of 3 in the 20's in half hour off the rock and a couple others off the waterfall area

Thanks for the report Gidyup, can't get them everytime.

Thanks for the report Gidyup, can't get them everytime.

I think our days are numbered out around the bell and such for awhile, water seemed pretty dirty to me.
fraser freshet time

I was at Thrasher on Friday, and on the way back, I went right thru a huge amount of bait. Others on the site mentioned it (as well as on the VHF). If I see this again, how do I fish it? The bait was at the surface, therefore I'm thinking that if downriggers are used, are they set at around 30' or what?

Started at Bowen, thick with Algae, so much it stopped the bead chain.

Headed to Thrasher, boxed 3 clone Springs of 14 pounds.

Beautiful day on the water, lost a couple others, lots of boats.

Good luck

HT

I was at Thrasher on Friday, and on the way back, I went right thru a huge amount of bait. Others on the site mentioned it (as well as on the VHF). If I see this again, how do I fish it? The bait was at the surface, therefore I'm thinking that if downriggers are used, are they set at around 30' or what?
We saw the same thing coming back across. It looked like young of the year herring or possibly Chum fry. I think it was the herring though. It was right in the middle of the straight in the thousands. Then a huge school of juvenille Salmon were feeding on them jumping everywhere. They were small blueback or chinook smolts. Only about 4 to 6 inches in size. My friend shot it on his i-phone. I'll see if he can send it to me.

Back