The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Thanks Eastpoint and Kristo. Did real well off hump week ago Monday. Fished last Friday and only got one. Spoke to a guide friend who indicated it was slower. It may be everyone is over at Thrasher, so not many guys fishing off Bowen.

Sent you PM Eastpoint.

I'm also heading out tomorrow with my son, and was wondering if Thrasher is the place to go. Never been there, but I guess I fish just to the North East of the light, and follow the structure (or I could always just follow someone else too I guess)
Thx fellas!

eriks
I would go to Thrasher Friday. Another call from people who fish that area is to fish in the lea of the current. IE in the shadow of the tidal flow. That said North of the light can be good. Give the areas about an hour or so, then move to other side of reef if nothing is happening. It is quite big. There should be fish around. I am hoping to be there Saturday.
Where are you leaving from? It can be ugly crossing and fishing in windy NW or SE conditions. Check wind reports from Halibut Bank for upto date conditions.
Lets us know how you make out.

Good Luck,

Eastpoint

I wouldn't bother with Thrasher I only hooked 8 today, killed a 26 and 18. :p

hardly worth it eh?-yeah right :rolleyes:
sounds like you had a good day Max

Thanks for that Blackmax

I am heading over tomorrow am. I will report in tomorrow nite.

Happy Trails for all
Eastpoint

Was a beautiful day out there yesterday. There were lots of nets out, heard over the VHF that chovies were doing the trick ay anywhere from 100-160'. We caught 2, on green spacklebacks at 120'.

This one was caught near the QA at 157 ft down, on a beat up #4 Cop Car Coyote spoon at 2.5 knots

ChanookMay15-2011.jpg

I have heard that thraser is the spot to be and maybe so but I wouldn't give up a good day of fishing the line south west of the QA at about 120-175' , just my 2 cents !

Hope you all get the big one and remember be safe and have fun !

Nice Fish there Sir-vivor, nice looking boat in your avitar also,
when was that fish caught?
Tim

I got a feeling with the hockey game and lousy weather there will be a lot of people staying home Sunday. I'm going to run over to Thrasher and see if I can pick up a couple with my dad, he's over 80 and its always entertaining . :rolleyes:

max, whats your ride?

22.5 explorer WA 4.3 penta, merc kicker white with green tops,
will see you around sooner or later

Do it

At thrasher today. Was decent, got our take 9 to 15 lbs. Lost some.
All on green splater back hootchie at 130' to 140'. Conditions calm.
Enjoying a cold one at Sylva bay.

Eastpoint

Congrats Eastpoint ! I'm stoked for tomorrow morning. Hope water is calm for ride across and back. Was lots of boats out ?

Not necessary to do the crossing. Stick closer to home. Lots of fish this side today.

Thanks for the info F.M. , I will decide in the morning. I love fishing the hump and Bowen area but Thrasher was insane the other day. Are the guides still going over ?

Back