OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It was a tough battle to bring back lingcod and I have not taken any in 20 years, the big ones are the breeders so leave them alone.

But is it illegal?? No, it's not. Giving someone a hard time because he kept them is the wrong approach. It must be addressed at the political level

But is it illegal?? No, it's not. Giving someone a hard time because he kept them is the wrong approach. It must be addressed at the political level

Just because something's legal doesn't mean it's right. Certain guides will happily fish out a rockfish spot to keep his guests happy. Legal, yes. Responsible? No. I'm not perfect either - I've kept big fish that perhaps I should have released. I think as stewards of the resource we should be moving away from our focus on big fish being the goal. Should be about enjoying yourself as much as possible and providing some good food for the family. Saying if we don't catch them the commercial guys will is defeatist. I do however agree with going the political route...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we should be moving away from our focus on big fish being the goal. Should be about enjoying yourself as much as possible and providing some good food for the family

59b86743ff6b62a108cb0d41fdbaff03_61295_zpsieqgknob.gif

Knew I would get roasted a little for keeping some big ones, but oh well yes we did keep them. We use every bit if the fish we catch and waste almost nothing so I don't feel to bad for keeping any of the fish we catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's lighten the conversation a bit. ;) Finally got an evening to make a new video. This is from way back on April 19 - A nice day but we were not in the right spot this day. But that is OK, "I'll get over it"......Still learning how to edit so bare with me...........

https://youtu.be/GlNNK6Lkdes

Knew I would get roasted a little for keeping some big ones, but oh well yes we did keep them. We use every bit if the fish we catch and waste almost nothing so I don't feel to bad for keeping any of the fish we catch.

Great post dmurph. Nice fish. Thanks for sharing :). I have kept my fair share of big lings as well and enjoyed every fillet.

Let's carry on with reports from people that actually get out there and fish lol.

Yeah nice Lings. The best fish for fish tacos in my opinion. I'm gonna whack a bunch this weekend

I agree really good fish and chips also, we like it just as much or more than halibut

Late start this year. Heading over to fish thrasher for the first time Saturday to Monday. Staying in Silva Bay. Sounds like it should be a good trip with the weather. The fishing reports are encouraging!! Going to try for some Ling while we are there.
Well done dmurph!

Hey Crow, Im also heading over to get in on the action... Id like to take a nice ling as well... anyone know of some good spots they're willing to share???

Looks to be a lost prawn trap out at 525 ft there's two floats a light blue one and white one. Will try to see if I see a name

See you guys at silva we will be there also north Shore fish and game is putting on a derby we are doing. 25 per person

Back