OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hey F-M,
I too have to look after family and have to (too often) live vicariously through other's reports rather than be on the water, where I long to be. Personally, I have greatly enjoyed your reports here and on other boards, over the years. I very much appreciate your willingness to share info/tactics and skills. Please contiue doing so.
Cheers,
Rob
Could not say it much better. :cool:

I like reports too and appreciate the effort and time it takes to make them...
Guide reports are great - they are the guys on the water with the most intel, so if FM is willing to share that info, great!

Good work on any one one posting reports .... thats what this is all about. I like to see others catching fish, and am glad also to help if they are struggling. As for FM taking credit as PH says for reports ..... I think not, he is very clear on stating how others he knows are making out.

Keep it up FM ......

Are we back to fishin' yet?? :D

This weekend is looking pretty nice! Light winds Friday. Finally getting my boat to the dock for the summer and will be a regular on the scene once again. Painful reading all the great reports, first and second hand. Time to get out and make some of my own!

Are we back to fishin' yet?? :D

This weekend is looking pretty nice! Light winds Friday. Finally getting my boat to the dock for the summer and will be a regular on the scene once again. Painful reading all the great reports, first and second hand. Time to get out and make some of my own!
Yep me too!

.......... ... ... As for FM taking credit as PH says for reports ..... I think not, he is very clear on stating how others he knows are making out.

Keep it up FM ......

No..? I said "claiming credit for putting people on fish" as in post #461 abov ....then the 'funny'/sarcastic posts in reaction afterwards ..... probably because usually "putting people on fish" and great timely "advice" has more validity when it comes from someone who has actually been fishing that year.

2nd and 3rd hand reports posted on the forum are fine IMO as long as there is proper credit given ( FM usually gets that, yes) and the poster has got permission to do so from the source to post their info.

Have been fishing the hump with success , however hit it this morning for tide change.
only one other boat. seemed the whole area was covered in all direction with that yellow seaweed.
Runs down the line to clip and then to flasher.
there was so much it was near impossible to fish.
we moved to a long tack along Bowen , for NADA. Hole in wall for NADA ,Then Grace for Nada.
hmmm?

I will be at the hump Saturday. Dropping the crab traps by Bowen to hopefully avoid having them stolen again. Should be a beautiful day.

Im heading across tomorrow, hope the bites still on.
I'll report from thrasher in the morning.

Got the solowey back in action this past weekend also. Fished over at gabriola sat sun and Mon. Got into 5 springs on Saturday and lost them all wtf lol. Sunday was kind of rough so didn't put much salmon time in and when it was calm we were bottom fishing and had some killer Ling cod action. Used small green zinger and cod jig. Picked up a 40 and 38. They could have ate my son Nakai. Monday we missed the bite as we decided to troll our way back towards the hump. We picked one up way out in the middle and had no bites at the hump. We will be back over thus weekend

Got the solowey back in action this past weekend also. Fished over at gabriola sat sun and Mon. Got into 5 springs on Saturday and lost them all wtf lol. Sunday was kind of rough so didn't put much salmon time in and when it was calm we were bottom fishing and had some killer Ling cod action. Used small green zinger and cod jig. Picked up a 40 and 38. They could have ate my son Nakai. Monday we missed the bite as we decided to troll our way back towards the hump. We picked one up way out in the middle and had no bites at the hump. We will be back over thus weekend

Here's to hoping you didn't actually bonk a 40 and 38lb Ling.

Fished Thrasher yesterday. Went 3 for 4. All white, all mid to high teens. Just after low, 150' in 300' of water for all. Anchovies for all. Didn't see anyone else net. Beaut day out there, best day of work this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 616
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 618
Here's to hoping you didn't actually bonk a 40 and 38lb Ling.

Why? Is it against the law or something? Wasn't last i heard.

Commercial fishermen kill those by the thousands every year......sport fishermen are a drop in the bucket on all species except for Chinook and Coho Salmon

Why? Is it against the law or something? Wasn't last i heard.

Commercial fishermen kill those by the thousands every year......sport fishermen are a drop in the bucket on all species except for Chinook and Coho Salmon

It was a tough battle to bring back lingcod and I have not taken any in 20 years, the big ones are the breeders so leave them alone.

Just ran up to Secret Cove. up here for a couple days got the lines down and going to do a couple passes and then get out early tomorrow to hit Epsom point. Hopefully will have a good Sunshine Coast report.

Sorry for the late report. Thrasher had a morning bite 8-11am then shut off. 1 white in the box and lost 2 nice ones. Crossing had a bump in the morning, but calm for the ride home.

Back