OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

fished the hump with two other boats this afternoon, only took a few waves over the bow.

had one tap tap tap nothing there, and got one to side of boat, only to have a friend do the worst net job ive ever seen, more like a hockey slash if anything. lost that fish ;(

sounds like mine possibly, why you asking?

Just curious. You were right off our Portside when we lost our fish. your boat seem to handle the waves a lot better than min did

We cleaned up on crabs today12 keepers and threw back another 6 keepers

Hmm I wasn't out today, must have been someone else today.
mine has OutaLine in big bold letters down the side, these Gradys are built for some rough waters
sounds like I should have been out there tho

Water is pretty good. Couple of big waves here and there. we've gotten a couple that out green, water chumming friend woke up briefly for. All in all a beautiful day

It seems to be laying down a bit since earlier.

Deejray is likely hogging the fish! Haha.

Anyone out here have a BBQ? We forgot one and need to cook some Maui Ribs?

Last edited by a moderator:
pathetic effort from us today, we got just onelittle guy today at SE corner.. 88' on alligator hoochie. hitting Thrasher tmrw.

pathetic effort from us today, we got just onelittle guy today at SE corner.. 88' on alligator hoochie. hitting Thrasher tmrw.

Let us know how Thrasher produces Nick,
Might head over for a couple of days next friday

NSFG Club Derby winner was 16 lbs 6 oz. 2nd place was 15 lbs 15 oz.

25 plus or so fish weighed in.

A few boats did well early.

A bit of laugher when a guy showed up after the 2 pm cutoff and wanted to weigh in what would have the winner and he blamed it on a guy going too slow pulling into his slip. Guess he should have put the throttles forward more or get bigger engines so he can go faster next time.

A couple of guide buddies on charter also found nice fish but it was definitely not "hot" although 4 boats I know hit 4-6 fish ...they both had fish over 17 pounds.

One pal ditched the 70 boat pack at the Hump around 10 and blasted to Thrasher and picked up 3 nice chinook in short order on the reef at 130 feet in 200 feet of water right before slack. No further info at this time as my cell battery died.

Let us know how Thrasher produces Nick,
Might head over for a couple of days next friday

Had lots of Intel from buddies over there today.....forget the hump, it's time for the other side. ;)

Pacific Cod fishery was awesome at the hump....77-160....put ANYTHING down and you'll tub out. :p

Had lots of Intel from buddies over there today.....forget the hump, it's time for the other side. ;)

Pacific Cod fishery was awesome at the hump....77-160....put ANYTHING down and you'll tub out. :p
Thrasher is still pretty quiet, must go further west young fella;)
maybe another week or more yet for thrasher, Ive been testing the waters

Took my wife and daughter out to the hump today with lines down at 2:30. Having had success the last five times out, I got lucky again with a 17lb 2oz white. The usual, Irish cream at 120 feet on the north edge of the hump.
b99f215169d6437facb44675826bb2ef.jpg

Took my wife and daughter out to the hump today with lines down at 2:30. Having had success the last five times out, I got lucky again with a 17lb 2oz white. The usual, Irish cream at 120 feet on the north edge of the hump.
Great shot AS. Looks like a pretty happy young lady

We fished the Hump Saturday and Sunday. Got my Sons into some salmon. We went 2 for 3 both days. 95 to 105 was the best producer, although tried as deep as 150. Irish Crème was the ticket, but also got one on a white hoochie.

Here's a couple photos.

Attachments

• 20150502_124838_resized.jpg
    20150502_124838_resized.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 468
  • 20150502_140639_resized_1.jpg
    20150502_140639_resized_1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 469
  • 20150503_081858_resized.jpg
    20150503_081858_resized.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 468

I'll second that motion!

Great pic AS. Sunshine, family, and a nice Spring. Can't get much better than that!

Back