OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone from the forum out in a ~20-22' Grady Center console with a couple of kids yesterday? Saw a great battle going on with one of the young kids....kinda looked like it may have been a battle with a seal although never saw one show its head? Hoping it was just a pig of a fish. :cool:

We had to head out before bearing witness to the finale. :D

Awesome pics CohoChinook!
Looks like some nice light action rods you got there. Would feel like a great battle for your boys. Great sunshine to be out with your sons fishing.

There's that tackle box again lol seems like 70% of us out there have that same box :)

Anyone on here that was at the hump yesterday in a large whaler with twin 300s? Don't remember what brand of power.

IMG_1193.jpg

Despite forgetting to load the net on the boat we managed to land this nice spring at the hump yesterday.

Hello fells,
any one on the Hump today .... or Thrasher ..... headed out tomorrow, would appreciate any updates if posible.
Good luck to you.

HT

It'll be a BIT damp at the Hump this morning, but looking west there is blue sky out there behind this heavy rain dumping down at my house in Kits!

Great pic JeffB!

I was hoping to get out tomorrow but I think it's gonna be Thurs/Fri for me over on the other side for Springs/Lings

Hello fells,
any one on the Hump today .... or Thrasher ..... headed out tomorrow, would appreciate any updates if posible.
Good luck to you.

HT

I was out at the hump yesterday. Pretty rough and got in before the rain fell. Tomorrow is looking better though. Got a just legal one around 80' down on a green glo hootchie. It's belly was full of 5-6" needle fish. Same as last week. Saw a few nets but not many.

Keep an eye on the Nanimo reports as well regarding Thrasher area. It's about that time, May 10 last year we had an awesome day over there with mid to high teens in numbers of springs.

I may try a go to Thrasher on Saturday actually if the weather reports remain good. I wonder how many folks travel a bit father to Nanimo rather than Thrasher? You could get Fingered, for a change?

Where's a good spot to launch to minimize travel to Thrasher from the mainland? Is there fuel on the other side close by?

Macdonald beach, steveston or ladner are about equidistant. There's fuel in silva bay and lunch too if you happen to forget as I do at 4 in the morning.

Where's a good spot to launch to minimize travel to Thrasher from the mainland? Is there fuel on the other side close by?
for fuel.

I would go with enough fuel for a return trip. I've seen a few times where Silva Bay runs out of fuel.
Actually there is fuel at Pages resort in Silva Bay too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about crossing Saturday as well, weather depending. We go full of fuel even though we dont need it for that distance, cause if the wind blows up the boat can suck back a hell of of a lot more fuel fighting waves as opposed to running her on a nice plane ... I dont like watching the fuel guage crossing the middle of the straight.

for fuel.I would go with enough fuel for a return trip. I've seen a few times where Silva Bay runs out of fuel. Actually there is fuel at Pages resort in Silva Bay too.
Yes I was there last year with a board member and they were out of fuel-the other place had fuel but didn't open until 08:00 hrs on Sunday.

I was about to cross to Threasher this morning but changed my mind at last minute,from what I heard on radio its not hot there yet. I hit this one at Hump about 9:30 then it died.

Hit Thrasher today fished for cod for about an hour getting a few Rockies no lings and some flounder. Fished hard from the rock to and past the Grande and back over 6 hours, got tons of weeds, a fewPacific cod ...... No bait to be found come and back to Fraser mouth and got some nice crab........ Um my share was tasty ...... Down the hatch already ....... Tried my usual hitters there ...... 15 different set ups test I usyally hit them on. Zippo sure hope it gets better like more to the north of there.

No bait at Thrasher boys ....... Few fish all day even on the screen ....... Not consistent at all yet.
Buddies fished the hump and could not keep them little cod off ....... Nuttin fir dem eddar ........

Good luck

Had a nice day out at the hump today with the old man. Fished from about 10 to 4:15 at the hump and managed a nice 16 pound marble spring who put up a great fight. Caught it at 100 feet around 11:30 am on an anchovie. Sure was tough to fish anchovies with pollock on the lines almost every time we check the bait. Tough to even tell if they were on. Ended up switching to spoons and was still catching them.

Tight lines

Back