Commander 26 Re Build

Here’s some pics of today's work.
Lots of grinding and preparing the deck.
Sealed up the thru hulls on the bottom of the hull with first 2 layers mat, then 1 24oz roving, 2 mat, 1 roving, 1 mat, and top knytex.
Prepped the deck again and started to lay 2 mats before the ply. As much as I want to take all the stringers out now, I don’t want to lose any more structural stability. With the deck solid connected to the hull, it should add some extra strength that we removed to keep her in place when we are replacing the stringers.
I’m hoping to lay the deck down tomorrow…
And that’s just what up swept up from the bow area, seems like a lots to me LoL
B4115D34-8119-4C00-B339-FB8C3F8B1899.jpegB1D6495C-9CEC-427A-B459-CA925BA7F963.jpeg1E35616F-9F78-42C6-96C3-4D40759EDB2B.jpegD7B936E8-660E-494F-8F9C-BDCA1839D4B4.jpeg83D6ECFF-AC07-4BAC-B75E-B2C83D403AC9.jpegA685503A-DB43-478B-9B91-FBBD9ADB650C.jpeg837CC196-4E9E-4D6B-A72D-B2513080CD07.jpeg9EB1EFE9-FD0B-410F-B144-EB68892E7B03.jpeg6B27F8EF-FE46-4DE0-84BA-BE8F3A6B7220.jpeg0F45CB4C-6BB1-4EA1-95E5-160A98E9EC10.jpeg

Here’s some pics of today's work.
Lots of grinding and preparing the deck.
Sealed up the thru hulls on the bottom of the hull with first 2 layers mat, then 1 24oz roving, 2 mat, 1 roving, 1 mat, and top knytex.
Prepped the deck again and started to lay 2 mats before the ply. As much as I want to take all the stringers out now, I don’t want to lose any more structural stability. With the deck solid connected to the hull, it should add some extra strength that we removed to keep her in place when we are replacing the stringers.
I’m hoping to lay the deck down tomorrow…
And that’s just what up swept up from the bow area, seems like a lots to me LoL
View attachment 77634View attachment 77633View attachment 77632View attachment 77635View attachment 77636View attachment 77637View attachment 77638View attachment 77639View attachment 77640View attachment 77641
Every bit of this is so satisfying

I'm not sure why you are going to these lengths on that old boat but I like it!

Will be solid as a rock when its done.
I would have to start another thread why I chose the commander, I think rain city already did that.
First of all I want new power. I never gone wrong with new things. Next are my options for a boat, can’t be just a fishing boat. I had aluminum, I want fibreglass. My cheapest new option for what fits my needs is a 24 cutwater coupe. One 250 yammy, no helmaster ex, one might judge finishing workmanship, nice boat, narrow, light, fast, no flybridge, 225k with taxes last years price. And that is my budge on this boat, will see if we keep it.
I want a 26 commander not 30 because I want a 30 under slip. The commander is a beast and a legend of a boat imo, I want the widest, heaviest boat this size I can get.
It started off with new power, pod ,tank, and bringing the interior back to life…. A good 10 year plan imo to run new power on a comfy boat…It turned into this some how :)
It’s not just a old boat, it’s a commander

I would have to start another thread why I chose the commander, I think rain city already did that.
First of all I want new power. I never gone wrong with new things. Next are my options for a boat, can’t be just a fishing boat. I had aluminum, I want fibreglass. My cheapest new option for what fits my needs is a 24 cutwater coupe. One 250 yammy, no helmaster ex, one might judge finishing workmanship, nice boat, narrow, light, fast, no flybridge, 225k with taxes last years price. And that is my budge on this boat, will see if we keep it.
I want a 26 commander not 30 because I want a 30 under slip. The commander is a beast and a legend of a boat imo, I want the widest, heaviest boat this size I can get.
It started off with new power, pod ,tank, and bringing the interior back to life…. A good 10 year plan imo to run new power on a comfy boat…It turned into this some how :)
It’s not just a old boat, it’s a commander
I "lucked out" into a 40 foot slip when they adjusted the pilings at our marina. It's the only reason I considered jumping up to a 36-37 foot LOA IF I pod it. I too am having a tough time finding anything that meets the same specs, and was disgustingly close to buying a Cutwater. Gross.

Last edited:
IF you pod your commander? LoL this all is just a stepping stone for you to make your decision and budget... FYI I think that podded commander with twin 350 is dropped to169000k last time I seen it, maybe it needs some love from Ron

IF you pod your commander? LoL this all is just a stepping stone for you to make your decision and budget... FYI I think that podded commander with twin 350 is dropped to169000k last time I seen it, maybe it needs some love from Ron
The kijiji add is still at 220. Do you have the Facebook link?

I really don't understand the purpose of private groups for selling stuff
It’s just dealing with the bs. I’m running a jobs for Ukrainians group and the c-Doty and the number of mostly pain in the butt tshirt sellers and scammers is insane.

price is looking good @Raincity tough to justify your own build when you could be prawning the gulf islands this weekend :)

It’s just dealing with the bs. I’m running a jobs for Ukrainians group and the c-Doty and the number of mostly pain in the butt tshirt sellers and scammers is insane.

price is looking good @Raincity tough to justify your own build when you could be prawning the gulf islands this weekend :)
Well it's certainly getting down to the point where the costs of ripping out some of the garbage he bolted on wouldn't hurt so bad.

And what he can sell his for. Any interior layout can be updated, he has the skills. It’s getting too tempting now. Negotiate the trailer too.

Well it's certainly getting down to the point where the costs of ripping out some of the garbage he bolted on wouldn't hurt so bad.
Not sure if you seen this, If you search twin 350 verados on you tube, there is a video of him at full throttle,

Back