Commander 26 Re Build

The headliner was torn out years ago when they did an engine swap. The original was your standard white arborite style. The rest of the interior is teak, in nice shape.

I have a ton of recessed lighting that's going in it with a dimmer and individual push buttons per light.

Was thinking to do the shower and the bunks in the teak and holly also.

First pic is the venture ceiling as of now

Only picture I can find on Google with a teak and holly ceiling is this one
What kind of boat is it?

What kind of boat is it?

Built by Yamanaka in 1983. 35 x 12.5 ex gillnetter. Maybe I'll put a thread up. Didn't document the refit hardly at all. Sorry Bart, not trying to hijack your thread.

Shhh.. that's definitely not a 40inch fish finder

Attachments

• 20210627_120241.jpg
    20210627_120241.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 20210718_153319.jpg
    20210718_153319.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 20210718_165838.jpg
    20210718_165838.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Built by Yamanaka in 1983. 35 x 12.5 ex gillnetter. Maybe I'll put a thread up. Didn't document the refit hardly at all. Sorry Bart, not trying to hijack your thread.

Buds …. Wtf
Hahahhahahhahahhahah
That thing is a beast!
Wow!
Party deck!!
Lmao 40” screen!

No worries , my commander gonna be mint
Keep the pics coming!

Setting the bar pretty high,

Does your radar have its own screen? Any pics?

She's a beast. Weighing in around 25000 lbs.

Who wants to go tuna fishing
Umm me! You could actually carry enough ice on that bad boy. Definitely steaming out at night or 1am and drifting overnight with her.

Love the bbq. You could be smoking fish at the same time as roasting a pig on that deck.

@Sttr what are your bbq plans? Time to add more projects to your project :)

Is the deck fiberglassed to the hull on Commanders? Another step to make it bullet proof.Would give Ron something to do in his spare time.

Is the deck fiberglassed to the hull on Commanders? Another step to make it bullet proof.Would give Ron something to do in his spare time.
No it’s not, it rides up the gunnel on the side, front is to the cabin, rear rides up the stern. And then 4 posts down
Great point , now that I think about it , it seems the deck put a lot of pressure on the cabin housing, made a few weak spots.
Will post a few pics of that area

Umm me! You could actually carry enough ice on that bad boy. Definitely steaming out at night or 1am and drifting overnight with her.

Love the bbq. You could be smoking fish at the same time as roasting a pig on that deck.

@Sttr what are your bbq plans? Time to add more projects to your project :)
With sooooo many things on the go, I haven’t really thought about it. For cooking purposes, I’m thinking of propane, flybridge holds a 20 lbs tank. If I choose propane I will try to incorporate it into other things, I think stove will be gone and microwave in its place with a propane burner over top of it. Every time I took a bbq on my other boat it was a pain, mostly I didn’t like the little propane bottles fly around, maybe run a propane line from flybridge to the back?
I haven’t shopped around for bbq yet. Not even sure of all the options out there, for me mounting will be key

Back