Commander 26 Re Build

I think I prefer the single....
I think, updating a boat like the Commander is a balance between the original design and what is now available. I have always hated the green carpet!! I remember going to boat shows decades ago, loved the Commander lines, but as soon as I went onboard it was, WTF is with the green carpet!!

For me, it was keep the teak and update all upholstery and flooring. As mentioned, I like the headliner, it's timeless.

I really wanted to keep my the way it is if I could. Change up the colour and counter tops only

I really wanted to keep my the way it is if I could. Change up the colour and counter tops only
My opinion: these are really well built west coast boats. Take the raw materials/design and bring it into the now. Keep the the teak, update all the fabrics, including things like wall coverings and headliner. These boats have great bones, with modern updates they just shame things like Cutwater's. Not bias though...........

Keep in mind the 26er just has one walk way ,the carpet is not connected to the dinette, I can easily replace it every 2-3 years

My opinion: these are really well built west coast boats. Take the raw materials/design and bring it into the now. Keep the the teak, update all the fabrics, including things like wall coverings and headliner. These boats have great bones, with modern updates they just shame things like Cutwater's. Not bias though...........
X2

What’s the price tag on a new boat 26/28 with twin 250, and a flybridge?

Yes, I do everything, love my shop!! Everything except canvass and upholstery, I get Peninsula Boat Tops to do that stuff.

Nastiest surprise in the refit was the coolers on my D4's. All the aluminum castings were corroded to the point that they were garbage, all the o-ring seats were gone. I was very fortunate that an outstanding Volvo mechanic I know was able to sell me new condition, used housings for a very good price. What could have cost tens of thousands ended up being about 5k. I now tear down all my coolers every three years, takes a couple days.
You do amazing work. Thanks for sharing the cost and time it takes for upkeep for us dreamers. I’m still smarting from a new motor for my Ace Trap puller I wasn’t budgeting for!

I’m going to keep sending the 30 footers to my buddy who is shopping hard with the big bucks. I need to get back outside and do more work on my boat myself.

Sttr shame about the extra work found but you guys are doing it right. Remember it’s a $400k boat you are rebuilding that many would argue rides better than most 400k boats and has much better teak.

You do amazing work. Thanks for sharing the cost and time it takes for upkeep for us dreamers. I’m still smarting from a new motor for my Ace Trap puller I wasn’t budgeting for!

I’m going to keep sending the 30 footers to my buddy who is shopping hard with the big bucks. I need to get back outside and do more work on my boat myself.

Sttr shame about the extra work found but you guys are doing it right. Remember it’s a $400k boat you are rebuilding that many would argue rides better than most 400k boats and has much better teak.
I will do my best,
and I’m still dreaming about the fish you catch!

Extra work, meh, Thanks to that one area we are going thru the entire body. Every day is better than the one before, she is starting to look good

I will do my best,
and I’m still dreaming about the fish you catch!

Extra work, meh, Thanks to that one area we are going thru the entire body. Every day is better than the one before, she is starting to look good
I’m doing the harpooning these days! My buds have been quick on the rod lately. In the past I would barge past buddies and be the first on the hit, but not this February. Still waiting for that tip to bend way over and hit the water.

Another nice thing about your boat is running 4 rods during Hali and 3 downriggers salmon fishing. I’d still get tangled but a hell of a lot less.

The other thing about a small deck, makes the fish look bigger ;)

Ok, besides thunder , is there anyone out there with some pics of 26er? Doesn’t have to be podded,
All I see is 30 footer pics
Are they all still hiding behind the 30?

Back