Commander 26 Re Build

Hey with the floor lowered now do you still need the extra roof cut out for the door entry ?

Yup throw that top in the heap. Nice railing, rear partial awning (black) radar arch with rocket launcher, now we’re talkin.
Yes I hear ya, and sounds awesome for fishing,
But… I love the flybridge idea. When we go fishing I’m always working ALL the rods and have family watching for logs and other boats, I would love them to be able to sit up there and come down maybe to fight a fish. It’s another level to the boat and really that’s what makes the commander. I probably won’t need the flybridge for most of the year but still want it for the summer. I do want to change it up a bit up there, I don’t need 5 seats , looking for some type of lounge seat, maybe folds into a bed for the wife to tan! And me fish hehhehehehhe

You see this is a fish boat roof top. Ditch the bra. No shirts allowed

Attachments

• 20220315_220207.jpg
    20220315_220207.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 131
You see this is a fish boat roof top. Ditch the bra. No shirts allowed
I hear ya, believe me.
how about something removable mounted with some type of hardware.I’m planning to pull her twice a year, maybe drop the top october, reinstall June ish
That would be sweeet for winter fishing.
Summer… meh… those months I’m gona be busy playing with helmaster controls, never had anything like this, never bottem fished , hoping to be able to sit on a spot for 20 mins without anchoring , if the gas prices let me LoL

There’s gotta be some type of latch system that should work,
Maybe make it a 3 piece bra? Easier to remove LoL.
Sikaflex seal might have to be replaced with some rubber seal
Have the rail mounted inside the bra,

There is another option to modify the pod and add some of a rake to it.
If I raise it all the way up to the hump above the transom… the original location and height of the swim deck , I will have a 6” at the bottem.
Modify the pod so it’s raked 5” , that gives us just under 1.5 inch per foot and the swim deck is back to original height.

Pod would be mounted 1” above the hull,
So I can drill and add a drain plug Lol

Lol, my fault, some reason I though you had one in a picture you posted of the transom before you re glassed it.

You will knowevery inch of the boat, I've just done one rebuild but it was a 16 footer, after your rewire, rebuild/repower you are going to be pretty knowledgable. Whose doing your electrical and electronics or since they are down the budget road will it be you? I've watched lots pacific Yacht Systems videos, they seem to be the bomb, a little too saleboaty maybe but pretty awesome the information sharing they do. Pricey too but they said the same thing about my services.

Good deals on Lowrance HDS 9’s out of the states right now and eveready AGM batteries from Costco are a crazy good price, while solaronline.ca has nice deals on solar.

With the top removed you’d have good sight lines when trolling from the stern station, but it would be cold for mom on the roof with no wind protection, how many stations are you doing? Any plans for a kicker? I just use my Lowrance Hds screens and the autopilot for steering stations and a wireless kicker throttle remote, well I will once I install the remote.

Inspiring me to do more of my own work since it's hard to get the guys to work on my boat even in the winter.

You will knowevery inch of the boat, I've just done one rebuild but it was a 16 footer, after your rewire, rebuild/repower you are going to be pretty knowledgable. Whose doing your electrical and electronics or since they are down the budget road will it be you? I've watched lots pacific Yacht Systems videos, they seem to be the bomb, a little too saleboaty maybe but pretty awesome the information sharing they do. Pricey too but they said the same thing about my services.

Good deals on Lowrance HDS 9’s out of the states right now and eveready AGM batteries from Costco are a crazy good price, while solaronline.ca has nice deals on solar.

With the top removed you’d have good sight lines when trolling from the stern station, but it would be cold for mom on the roof with no wind protection, how many stations are you doing? Any plans for a kicker? I just use my Lowrance Hds screens and the autopilot for steering stations and a wireless kicker throttle remote, well I will once I install the remote.

Inspiring me to do more of my own work since it's hard to get the guys to work on my boat even in the winter.
Super important to know your boat inside out , especially the time of year we are out. On a summer Sunday afternoon putting around the harbour ,can always find help,
Crossing in **** weather on a Thursday in the ‘off’ season, u can find yourself alone quick.

Hahaha top is staying , maybe in the future a removable 3 piece top might get planned if possible, and if I can figure out safe mounting

I met so many great people re building this commander. Besides obviously Ron, my favourite has to be this gentleman named Anisar from Rigel marine in Richmond. Hands down one of the most professional, kind , knowledgeable, person I have ever met. He is the one that’s going to make sure my electrical and plumbing is up to standards and meets all current safety requirements.
First time I met him, we talked half hour about the story of the commander. He told me he used to do electrical and plumbing on commanders back in the day And introduced me to another couple guys that did glass work on commanders back in the day. I was a absolutely stoked.
These guys built the commanders that are used today by us . How effin awesome is that! Wow,
I’m still stoked.
Definitely shout out to Anisar, thank you Sir
It’s been my pleasure

I have some things collected already, but I quickly realized how important it is to Plan the electrical system first before installing even one thing. Hoping to start installing in a week or 2.

As for motors and controls, I super excited to play around with helmaster ex. All digital controls, digital electronic steering, auto pilot, spot holding,drift, joystick, budget calls for one station right now, but can add single pieces like maybe a joystick for the back anytime.
Over the years we started using autopilot and trolling off the main, wow what a difference not having to juggle everything, keep in mind I like to fish away from the crowd. Also the spot holding sounds awesome!!! I can hold the boat in one spot and even point the bow and hold it , I can drift with my bow steady in one direction, the controls and options seem unreel!
I got all my solo fishing trip planned out no problem. Now I’m getting excited!

Gentlemen, it came to my attention that some of you think I removed the top to scrap it, no no no no no, it is removed just for painting purposes and I wanted the last of the old screws out. The top is going back on, 100 percent, just painted properly. It really took me only a couple hours and I had the top off, no brainer to remove it

Back