Commander 26 Re Build

Wife loves the removed kitchen, and gave ok to work in the garage, it’s going to be okay.
I think I’m going to finish the job and remove everything from the interior, this all started when I was cleaning the fabric off the walls today and just couldn’t get it all, everything was tucked under the cabinet. I don’t think there is any way to replace the entire carpet and wall fabric on the Commander with out removing all the cabinets. The walk way carpet is removable, or at least was on mine, I’m planning to keep that design, seems easy to replace every couple years if needed. The wall fabric will also be easier to install and secure properly. Lots of work,
Let’s git er done

Should be able to get a cabinet guy if you can pay a good rate, millwork is notorious for under paying its workers. No offence to millwork shop owners, we looked at salaries nationally and pay rates are mostly under $30 and hour. I’d offer more for in home service of course and throw in a fishing trip!
Sounds like a plan, might be a problem, I can’t catch a fish,

Should be able to get a cabinet guy if you can pay a good rate, millwork is notorious for under paying its workers. No offence to millwork shop owners, we looked at salaries nationally and pay rates are mostly under $30 and hour. I’d offer more for in home service of course and throw in a fishing trip!
I might play around with some teak, that batch I found the other day is beautiful imo, and the price is still ok ish, for these days
I believe 120 for a sheet of 3/4 teak.
I have been quoted up to 240 bucks for one sheet of teak. Prices are all over the place

I met so many great people re building this commander. Besides obviously Ron, my favourite has to be this gentleman named Anisar from Rigel marine in Richmond. Hands down one of the most professional, kind , knowledgeable, person I have ever met. He is the one that’s going to make sure my electrical and plumbing is up to standards and meets all current safety requirements.
First time I met him, we talked half hour about the story of the commander. He told me he used to do electrical and plumbing on commanders back in the day And introduced me to another couple guys that did glass work on commanders back in the day. I was a absolutely stoked.
These guys built the commanders that are used today by us . How effin awesome is that! Wow,
I’m still stoked.
Definitely shout out to Anisar, thank you Sir
It’s been my pleasure
Next time you see him ask him if he worked at Parmtronics at shelter island. If so tell him Ed Pedersen from Charlotte Queen Adventures says hello. If it's him he definitely knows his stuff

Next time you see him ask him if he worked at Parmtronics at shelter island. If so tell him Ed Pedersen from Charlotte Queen Adventures says hello. If it's him he definitely knows his stuff
Yes sir, he’s the man
Just talked with him,
Quote from Anisar- hahahahha tell him I said Hi.
And his work is very nice.

Parmtronics as in Parm Toor? I knew Parm from my Prince Rupert days, believe it or not he was a pretty good squash player back then.

Having him is like cheating on a test, before I hand in my work he checks it over (;

I might play around with some teak, that batch I found the other day is beautiful imo, and the price is still ok ish, for these days
I believe 120 for a sheet of 3/4 teak.
I have been quoted up to 240 bucks for one sheet of teak. Prices are all over the place
When buying teak ply get the specs on how thick the veneer is. Some products the veneer is literally paper thick, you can barely touch it with sandpaper without going through. Proper material will have either a .5 or .7 mil thick veneer which means you can edge with solid teak and then sand and fair. My 1/4 inch teak and holly floor was with .7 mil. $240 a sheet!!

Attachments

• floor.JPG
    floor.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 178
When buying teak ply get the specs on how thick the veneer is. Some products the veneer is literally paper thick, you can barely touch it with sandpaper without going through. Proper material will have either a .5 or .7 mil thick veneer which means you can edge with solid teak and then sand and fair. My 1/4 inch teak and holly floor was with .7 mil. $240 a sheet!!
I'm actually trying to source some of that right now. Not nice. What I used to oay around 250 a sheet is almost 500 a sheet now.

Anyone know of a source for 1/4 teak and holly ply?

WOW
WHAT A BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW !!!!!!!!!!
WOW
Your boat is the reason if fell in love with the commander!!!

And your boat is the reason I’m in way over my head, that is a spectacular finish,
absolutely beautiful
5 star review

Don’t be afraid to show off a few more pics…
Mmmmmmm

Back