Commander 26 Re Build

Looks like he’s using a grinder!
He’s got all the tools, not sure exactly what he used , these look more like a roloc was used, the spider cracks go deep. We where very surprised especially on the flybridge how excessive the cracking is.
These pics are the biggest baddest ones we did
most likely frozen moisture causing annual depth increase.looking awesome!!

Yes I heard that name before, many times. Do you think my boat is over built? Too heavy ?
Sell my boat? Wtf?
This build is going awesome IMO, obviously it coulda been smoother and the pod and fuel tank is a big bummer. But all in all I think it’s turning out great and going in the right direction. This build for me is better than an apprenticeship, and I totally accept all challenges associated with the process.
I chose the commander because I wanted the biggest heaviest widest 26 footer out there. If I wanted to “cut” weight I would of bought a
“Cut”water.
Im not sure where you see this extra 2000lbs. Keep in mind I pulled 1560lbs of engines and drives from the back, I don’t see any extreme weight difference yet, weight distribution yes,
And at the end of the day Ron can also add 2000 lbs to the front if needed!
Hahaha I'm not referring to your boat! I'm referring to the Hourston build. It was a thread of the year candidate, and then it was gone and he was flipping Trophy boats. Dont snyderize this one!

Hhahaha he’s just busting your balls @Sttr. There was a crazy overbuilt hourston build a couple years ago. Probably 2,000 pounds worth of extra fibreglass in the boat. Your boat has almost progressed to the same point where you are gonna sell it on us. Like when dad went to the store for a pack of smokes and never came back.
I don’t think anyone will pay me the money and time I put into this boat LoL

Don’t you know… my boat is worth…..
One million dollars Wahahahhahahha

I think I get it now. There’s a few guys with broken hearts still. Snyder left and took a part of them with him? Never came back. Now is flipping trophies for 5 k profit?
Guys like stizzla and auqa don’t want to get hurt again, stizzla is still drinking wine ( nice rack)to get over the heartbreak.

And I swear….
By the moon and the stars I’ll be there
( I’ll be there… )
for better or worse,
Till death do us part….
I will be fishing with every beat of my heart
I swear…..

Vancouver fishing report is my home gentlemen
I’m a die hard fisherman that can fish 8 days a week if I could. I ain’t going anywhere

Well, some progress for the day.
I kinda wasted my first half of the day on Craigslist. I found all the trophy boats that where for sale and called the number asking for Snyder, some guys laughed, others hung up. No luck yet but I will find that guy
I did today what I should of done a long time ago.
Lowered the boat.
As I walked passed the scrap bin I noticed something the boys from the yard dumped for scrap, some platform dolly with some HD casters on it, perfect.
Now I can roll my boat to the front bay where the overhead is.
Zipped off the top rub rail and dropped the top.
Now she’s ready for Ron07056C50-87AE-47F0-8A16-BB28D860AB90.jpeg87A0BD92-E592-432F-BE4F-71ACA51EB027.jpegD488F681-F114-4931-97C4-6E69001630F0.jpegFC14ED7E-B62B-489E-8E8E-B37DD9ADD6C1.jpeg1F580833-A290-4577-913D-EAF26DEFF73E.jpegBF9BE05D-80C8-4FF3-9A25-E2D942CC6B02.jpeg72056F2B-C0E1-45D5-8D2B-292800EB5481.jpegB2ACC799-7F80-4239-B491-6A1DBFA08D9E.jpeg88438DE5-EB1C-4936-AAE3-C4466A3CBF31.jpeg

Well, some progress for the day.
I kinda wasted my first half of the day on Craigslist. I found all the trophy boats that where for sale and called the number asking for Snyder, some guys laughed, others hung up. No luck yet but I will find that guy
I did today what I should of done a long time ago.
Lowered the boat.
As I walked passed the scrap bin I noticed something the boys from the yard dumped for scrap, some platform dolly with some HD casters on it, perfect.
Now I can roll my boat to the front bay where the overhead is.
Zipped off the top rub rail and dropped the top.
Now she’s ready for RonView attachment 76630View attachment 76631View attachment 76632View attachment 76633View attachment 76634View attachment 76635View attachment 76636View attachment 76637View attachment 76638
Can you take a picture from the side showing the whole boat sans top?

It’s like when you always see the same guy wearing a hat and you’re expecting a full head of hair under it and when he takes it off, he’s just bald.
Yeah it just wasn't what I thought it would be.

I never realized how straight the 26s were. There's no upward arc along the rub rail whatsoever.

Back