2024 Sidney Reports

Moved to Hamley after a few passes with no luck at the spit. Picked up 2 more around 75 cms there in short order. Cop car spoon and cop car flasher was the only thing that produced today. The fish all had small 3” herring in the belly’s.

Attachments

• IMG_3509.jpeg
    IMG_3509.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 84
Fished Cole from about 6:45 to 11. Two over 80cm and a couple more pin poppers that didn't stick. So much bait. The seal were thick but didn't take a run at our springs? I insisted we horse them to the boat but maybe we could have played them with a little finess? Cop car skinnyg for the win. 1 dungee per trap. Had 5 minutes of my daughter in my arms on Sidney spit. Wish we didn't come home. Nice to be back on the water.

Got 4 keeper springs plus released an 86cm at collinson this week over multiple days including last night. Bit of a slow grind but there are fish there. Skinny g and rolling herring both hooked up.

The Alpine Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament is coming up September 8, 2024, check out the details at the link below on SFBC, or directly on the Tournament Page! Note as well that there is a Tournament Facebook page, including a draw for 2 free tickets, check it out and follow the instructions there to enter.

Derby Thread on SFBC

Alpine Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament Webpage

Attachments

• 2024 Alpine Juan de Fuca FT Poster 11x17 Colour 2nd print run.jpg
    2024 Alpine Juan de Fuca FT Poster 11x17 Colour 2nd print run.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 15
Fished Hamley as well Friday morning from about 7-11. Not a lot of action but manged a 70cm spring to keep. Lost another good one that bit through my 30lb leader and took my favourite white hootchie! Also hooked something mid water with my downrigger ball and lost my gear. I was down about 60’ in 120’ of water near Wymond pt. Whatever it was I was able to slowly drag it around but couldn’t bring up my cannonball as it was way too heavy. Wrapped the dr line around my cleat and it eventually snapped off losing about 30' of line. The pic below is where we hooked whatever it was.

Attachments

• IMG_5422.jpeg
    IMG_5422.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Still lots of quality fish around, was pretty consistent again today, about 1 fish every half hour, and then at the turn mid afternoon it was hard to keep both lines down and had a couple double headers. Relaesed some overs and unders and we each kept one beauty between 70-80cms. I was marking lots of fish shallow and dropped the 3rd rigger to 27’ and had an epic battle with a nice wild coho. Gold was key again today.

Attachments

• IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3847.jpeg
    IMG_3847.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 135
Fished Moresby today solo from 8~10:30. Had a heavy hit at 9:30,couple good runs,slowly worked it to the surface and then got the dreaded surface head shaking and gone,luckily got a second hit at 10:30 and after a very careful tap dance routine,and interesting solo netting, managed to land a 79 cm red just a hair under 16 lbs. just as the fog rolled in. Next stop is next weekend at Sandheads, to join the gong show.:oops:

Went out yesterday afternoon around Moresby. Literally had lines in for 5 minutes and must have dropped the lures on them. Had the kids nail two just under 80 a couple days before was much slower in the morning and only hooked a massive coho right off the bottom in 120ft.

Attachments

• PXL_20240827_212424056.jpg
    PXL_20240827_212424056.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Went out yesterday afternoon around Meares. Literally had lines in for 5 minutes and must have dropped the lures on them. Had the kids nail two just under 80 a couple days before was much slower in the morning and only hooked a massive coho right off the bottom in 120ft.
Meares??

Went out yesterday afternoon around Moresby. Literally had lines in for 5 minutes and must have dropped the lures on them. Had the kids nail two just under 80 a couple days before was much slower in the morning and only hooked a massive coho right off the bottom in 120ft.

Isn't that closed? Or were you west side?

Back